5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension Maxx End Links

CaHi2019

Reaction score
Tried calling these guys a few times but you’re on hold just for them to hang up after telling you they don’t take messages.

I’m having the same clunking noise some are experiencing in their 2019 Rams. I wanted to order these aftermarket sway bar end links everyone is saying has helped eliminate the clunking. After inspecting mine, they definitely appear shot already. I have a BDS 6” lift on my truck with drop down brackets to eliminate the harsh angles. I’m not sure if I can use these end links from suspension maxx due to my lift, but I wanted to see if anyone else with a similar lift height has. Can anyone shed light on this for me please?

Last edited:

Jabarton44

Reaction score
I’ve got bds 4”. Put the end links on.
For some reason angles of them are incorrect and it feels like it rides little rougher or or just doesn’t seem right. They are the ones made for lifts as well. Still clunks….

CaHi2019

Reaction score
Me too. Finally installed end links, but I went with stock height as I also have drop down brackets. Suspension Maxx also recommended I do stock height links with my set up. I also installed new sway bar bushings, but still…the clunking noise is there. Torqued the end links down to their recommended 60lbs too. It’s at slow speeds that I’m hearing the clunk, turning and straight. Very odd, not sure what to do next. Going to continue to poke around and look for anything else that might lose.

Daverous

Reaction score
Mine kept loosening up after a few miles with their nylock nuts torqued to spec. Always came loose at the sway bar end, not the lca. Put some blue loctite on them, torqued to 75lbs, no issues in around 4k miles.

Knock on wood.

Jabarton44

Reaction score
Mine kept loosening up after a few miles with their nylock nuts torqued to spec. Always came loose at the sway bar end, not the lca. Put some blue loctite on them, torqued to 75lbs, no issues in around 4k miles.

Knock on wood.
Call them and let them know. They fixed that issue with a new type of nut and washer. Sent me a new pair for free.

Jabarton44

Reaction score
Me too. Finally installed end links, but I went with stock height as I also have drop down brackets. Suspension Maxx also recommended I do stock height links with my set up. I also installed new sway bar bushings, but still…the clunking noise is there. Torqued the end links down to their recommended 60lbs too. It’s at slow speeds that I’m hearing the clunk, turning and straight. Very odd, not sure what to do next. Going to continue to poke around and look for anything else that might lose.
Shoot…….the stock height links??? Greeeaaatt. Makes since though.

Jabarton44

Reaction score
I’ve also had huge issues with blowing cv boots…….don’t know if has to do with my ucas being icons and not bds. Started mixing parts of the kit

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve also had huge issues with blowing cv boots…….don’t know if has to do with my ucas being icons and not bds. Started mixing parts of the kit
If you are destroying CV boots, then your axle angles aren't correct. The UCAs shouldn't effect that much. That's why they do drop brackets for the differential and steering on the taller lifts.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you replaced the sway bar bushings on the brackets that mount it to cross member?

CaHi2019

Reaction score

Knock on wood.
Interesting. I put red lock tight on everything and my end links came with new washers. Did the 75lbs torque cause the bushings to squish? They said in their instructions not to over torque for this reason. Also, did you torque the nut on the sway bar connection? I just torqued the LCA bolt.

CaHi2019

Reaction score
Shoot…….the stock height links??? Greeeaaatt. Makes since though.
Yea, I figured the drop down brackets gave me close to stock angles, and they verified and agreed. Stock height will be best.

CaHi2019

Reaction score
Have you replaced the sway bar bushings on the brackets that mount it to cross member?
Yes replaced bushings first thing. Then decided on end links. I’m hoping that I might just need to tighten bolts more than 60lbs. Fingers crossed

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I put red lock tight on everything and my end links came with new washers. Did the 75lbs torque cause the bushings to squish? They said in their instructions not to over torque for this reason. Also, did you torque the nut on the sway bar connection? I just torqued the LCA bolt.
The new end links come pre-assembled so you don't have to worry about over torquing the bushings

CaHi2019

Reaction score
This angle looks odd to me. But I’m hoping this is how it’s supposed to look.

Attachments

• IMG_7964.jpeg
    IMG_7964.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 46

CaHi2019

Reaction score
A few more pics

Attachments

• IMG_7968.jpeg
    IMG_7968.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7967.jpeg
    IMG_7967.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7966.jpeg
    IMG_7966.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7965.jpeg
    IMG_7965.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 39

Daverous

Reaction score
I torqued the lca bolts to spec. The sway bar nuts I put at 75lbs give or take a little. Hard to get in there with a torque wrench. Had to do some rigging of equipment...

CaHi2019

Reaction score
I torqued the lca bolts to spec. The sway bar nuts I put at 75lbs give or take a little. Hard to get in there with a torque wrench. Had to do some rigging of equipment...
I was just thinking that. Impressed you could torque those. I’ll see what I can do too! Appreciate the help everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online