5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension lifts compatible with 18” wheels

blackbeard_outdoors

Reaction score
I have a ‘19 ram 1500 big horn edition and i recently put on a 2.5” leveling kit for my 18” wheels on 35’s and im looking for an actual suspension lift but most say 20” wheels are required. Does anybody know if there are any kits that will work on 18” wheels?

SColang22

Reaction score
I have a ‘19 ram 1500 big horn edition and i recently put on a 2.5” leveling kit for my 18” wheels on 35’s and im looking for an actual suspension lift but most say 20” wheels are required. Does anybody know if there are any kits that will work on 18” wheels?
What? Wheel size do not matter for lift kit. If a shop told you that you need bigger wheels do not get it installed there. They are stupid. Only thing that matters is that your wheels have the right lug pattern. Any lift kit that will fit on a 19 will fit your truck with the stock wheels. Depending on how high/low you go you may want to change tire size.

Last edited:

blackbeard_outdoors

Reaction score
The shop didn't tell me that, that info was on the actual lift company's website. rough country and procomp state it on their websites that 20" wheels are required and I can't figure out why.

SColang22

Reaction score
The shop didn't tell me that, that info was on the actual lift company's website. rough country and procomp state it on their websites that 20" wheels are required and I can't figure out why.
I just saw what your talking about. They say it’s cause the knuckles are pushed out. First time I’ve seen that before.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They have been doing that for over a decade, it’s usually Bec the new tierod end placement will hit the wheel. A lot of times they flip them, so instead no of the tie rod being on top, it’s now on the bottom and thus hangs down further and hits the wheel

On most, unsure about these trucks, if you use a wheel spacer it will work fine.

You need a 20 if it’s 5” backspacing or more, but say if it’s 4.5 then it might work. Depends on if it’s the tie rod.

Looks like most of the kits I’ve seen come with new tie rods so I’d be willing to bet...

SColang22

Reaction score
They have been doing that for over a decade, it’s usually Bec the new tierod end placement will hit the wheel. A lot of times they flip them, so instead no of the tie rod being on top, it’s now on the bottom and thus hangs down further and hits the wheel

On most, unsure about these trucks, if you use a wheel spacer it will work fine.

You need a 20 if it’s 5” backspacing or more, but say if it’s 4.5 then it might work. Depends on if it’s the tie rod.

Looks like most of the kits I’ve seen come with new tie rods so I’d be willing to bet...
yea idk why ive never seen that. I guess ive never had a problem because ive always run aftermarket wheels. Interesting note. Thanks! Now i feel like the stupid one lol

Users who are viewing this thread