5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension Leaning Side to Side

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I found a few instances where people said their springs were different lengths. I have to re-tighten my front suspension from the lift so I'll try to get the other part number for my springs. I wouldn't mind it too much if it was around 1/4", but it was a full 3/4" difference with half a tank of gas.

If all else fails on the spring search I'll just buy that rear lift kit and only install the driver side.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you guys ever get this squared away? I'm seeing a little over 3/4" lower in the left rear too.
Bought 1/2" spacers for the rear and only installed the driver side. It's still not perfect, but it's so close you can only tell if you measure.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

These are what I went with. Eventually sold the second spacer to someone on the forum for about half cost.

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
I have the same lean on my 2019 Laramie Longhorn, about 0.75" lower on the driver side. Don't feel it driving just noticed it after a year or so and thought I was crazy, finally measured and sure enough it's off by close to an inch. Will ask the dealer next time I bring in since still under warranty.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same lean on my 2019 Laramie Longhorn, about 0.75" lower on the driver side. Don't feel it driving just noticed it after a year or so and thought I was crazy, finally measured and sure enough it's off by close to an inch. Will ask the dealer next time I bring in since still under warranty.
Save yourself the trouble and just get the spacers if it bothers you. Dealers will tell you it's normal.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
🤔I was just wondering, has anyone measured the frame to ground distance to see if the frame is level? Could be a frame issue(twist), or the body mounting, or like LaxDfns15 said, spring lengths. So many variables. Odd that it seems to be common though. Design flaw?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went through a lot with mine. In the end, getting that 1/2" spacer was the easiest solution to the problem. If you know what you're doing it takes less than 30 minutes to install with a manual spring compressor. With an absolute empty tank of gas there is not enough height difference to notice, and I rarely run with less than 2-3 gallons of fuel left anyway.

Here's a recap:
Front measurements: even
Axle measurements to ground front and back: even
Body measurements to ground: 3/8" - 3/4" difference depending on fuel level
Frame to ground: 1/2"
Frame to axle: 1/2"
Spring lengths: even; same part number
Shock lengths: even; can't remember if they're the same part number

Swap shocks: No difference
Swap springs: No difference

Fully loaded bed (1000+ pounds): even measurements
Trying to remember, but I think with springs in and no shocks the measurements were even with unloaded bed.

Lifting the driver side of the bed and tightening the track bar put the truck at the right height until it settled again. This leads me to believe it's not a frame issue because the front measurements never changed. The frame is supposed to be solid, so if the rear changes the front should change and vice versa. That never happened. Once I got that out of the way I focused solely on the rear, but without taking the entire thing apart (including track bar and links) I couldn't find the cause.

None of my friends or coworkers have a Rebel, so I couldn't grab their shocks to have a true comparison. My friend's ORP Laramie is even measurements on both sides, but he measured it not me.

Users who are viewing this thread