5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension Combinations?

TheHound

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 4wd with rear lockers, 3.92 gearing and 34" Trail Grapplers. I am looking to find a suspension combination which has really good travel for climbing rock obstacles with some of my Jeep friends without taking the bypass, but also has the ability to haul a large travel trailer behind me. I have regular factory suspension without airbags now and with my gear combo I read it has a max towing capacity of 11,290 lbs. The trailer is about 575-600 lbs hitch weight and 7,495 GVWR.

I don't mind doing manual work, disconnecting sway links, bags, etc...Also, I'm not concerned about how much it costs. I just want the best performance and most reliability I can get for trail and road. I would also like to gain 1-2" or so of clearance, but not go too high in an effort to keep my center of gravity decently low...not looking to flip over on the trails.

Attachments

• IMG_20210318_183101.jpg
    IMG_20210318_183101.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 32

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
If you don’t care about cost then I’d go carli suspension, increases travel and just overall upgrade of suspension. Top of the line kits

whonut

Reaction score
I can recommend fabtech 3" lift as a way to increase clearance, along with 35" tires. Rides great.

Still working on a tow solution including airbags. I'm constantly tweaking, lol.

TheHound

Reaction score
If you don’t care about cost then I’d go carli suspension, increases travel and just overall upgrade of suspension. Top of the line kits
Thanks, I'll check them out. I was thinking about ICON as well. Just trying to find the best balance configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread