5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension bucking?

steveved

Reaction score
If I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize. But recently, my 2019 Laramie will... well buck or bronco... diagonally. Like from right front, to left rear under hard acceleration. Like it is wallowing around in the lane or something... It isn't an ignition or engine issue. The engine has plenty of power. It is like a broken shock or spring on each corner. I don't notice it in normal driving. But when like entering a highway and accelerating into traffic and I have it to the floor. And yes, I have looked around underneath for something broken. But I don't see anything obvious.

Has anyone else had this happen? I am so convinced it is suspension related that I have started to look at aftermarket springs and shocks. I realize the fronts are actually struts. But, I really like this truck and wish it to return to the flat accelerating beast that it was.

steveved

Reaction score
How many miles does yours have? Mine just hit 61k. This seems to have started around 5 - 7k ago...

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. You are not driving on pavement in 4wd are you?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A broken bolt or worn-out bushing in the rear suspension links might do something like that. I could be totally off the mark, but if you think it's a suspension issue, it might be a good idea to check it over and at least make sure it's safe. And you might notice something else while you're under it.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems like an obvious question, but what are your tire pressures? Also, are the lugs torqued to specs?

Users who are viewing this thread