5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround View Camera

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the Surround View Camera work at any time or does it only activate when the truck is in reverse?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's only automatic in reverse but you can call it up via an icon (backup camera view) on the touch screen. I plan to drag it down to one of the bottom buttons so I can use it when pulling into tight spots including my garage.
I like it so much I'm thinking of putting an aftermarket version on the wife's Excursion.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edwards said:
It's only automatic in reverse but you can call it up via an icon (backup camera view) on the touch screen. I plan to drag it down to one of the bottom buttons so I can use it when pulling into tight spots including my garage.
I like it so much I'm thinking of putting an aftermarket version on the wife's Excursion.
That exactly why I asked the question! I want to use it pulling into the garage. Thanks for the info

Reaction score
It goes off after a short time, not sure if its tied to speed or time...and after - its not selectable when its a quick link on the radio.....

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I kinda got lost in all the surround view/tow mirror debacle...

It seems the back up camera is standard...so does surround view work with all radios or just the bigger 2...I do believe someone said it works with the 8.4 and I know it works with the 12.
And i am still confused why it was stated that the Rebel doesn't get it, as that would seem to be the one to have it...but then the reviewer may have been wrong.

Last edited:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So you can engage the rear view camera at any speed, I believe my surround view is locked out above like 10mph. I will confirm that on the way home today. I'm assuming you aren't squeezing into your garage at 30mph so, you should be in good shape lol

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appears window stickers are now updated with this statement "Surround–View Camera (N/A w/Trailer–Tow Mirrors)"

Users who are viewing this thread