5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround View Camera Lighting question

themust

Reaction score
Are the "curb illumination lights" supposed to come on when in Reverse when using the 360 surround View? Mine don't, but clearly they should as there are darker regions on the sides when I'm in reverse at night. Those lights come on (they're mounted on the underside of the side mirror housings) when the door is opened and I can see they'd be useful when in reverse, too. I've looked for settings about this and I've tried the ambient/control lighting rotary knobs and they don't seem to affect anything. Any ideas?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are the "curb illumination lights" supposed to come on when in Reverse when using the 360 surround View? Mine don't, but clearly they should as there are darker regions on the sides when I'm in reverse at night. Those lights come on (they're mounted on the underside of the side mirror housings) when the door is opened and I can see they'd be useful when in reverse, too. I've looked for settings about this and I've tried the ambient/control lighting rotary knobs and they don't seem to affect anything. Any ideas?
No those don't come on when in reverse. They're only used to illuminate the doors in that area. And yes they are on the underneath of the mirror housing.

Users who are viewing this thread