5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround sound on Uconnect 8.4 2019 1500 Laramie

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone know why my surround sound is inactive in the eg settings. Its not lit up and there is no on and off that i can see. Thanks for the help.

SSN765

Reaction score
If it's like the 19 Jeep GC, same size unit surround sound does not function with XM. It does work I believe with other input sources ISB and I think with Bluetooth. I remember asking the same question and playing with the wife's GC and I think amazon music and apple music use surround both android and apple phones.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
Well I think you are right I put the stereo to fm and surround sound was available. Have not tried it with anything else yet. Thanks for your help.

R

Rob5589

Not sure what you mean by "eg" settings but, mine works on everything.

R

Rob5589

And you get surround sound with xm radio
I just checked it and you're right, it does not work on the XM, everything else it does. I don't really use it and didn't realize the on/off buttons weren't lit up when it in XM.

drstein

Reaction score
Thank you. Same here, I was thinking " Surround" was only on the HK unit.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I’m glad to hear that I have it just wish it worked in xm too

SSN765

Reaction score
As I noted my wife's 19 GC does not do surround on XM but my 19 RAM 12 inch does it for XM and all other inputs. I was told it has to do with the head units being different. Wife is pi$$ed hers dosen't do it. Thought it was strange it didnt for the money spent.

ErikNJ

Reaction score
The overwhelming majority of music is mixed for stereo and not surround sound. For the listening you’d likely do in the truck, you just have left and right channels.

I honestly have no idea why surround sound is even an option. It’s really best suited for movies or other media types that are mixed for more than two channels.

Hockeydad

Reaction score
The overwhelming majority of music is mixed for stereo and not surround sound. For the listening you’d likely do in the truck, you just have left and right channels.

I honestly have no idea why surround sound is even an option. It’s really best suited for movies or other media types that are mixed for more than two channels.
Gotcha,do you know if i could watch movies through my iphone on the 8.4 screen

ErikNJ

Reaction score
Gotcha,do you know if i could watch movies through my iphone on the 8.4 screen

The sound could be piped to your Uconnect but the video portion would remain on your phone screen only. As far as surround sound, I have no idea if the iPhone is sending more than 2 channels to Uconnect for multichannel movie soundtracks. If I wasn’t lazy, I’d probably experiment with that.

Users who are viewing this thread