5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround Camera and Folding Mirrors

Frostbite2600

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m considering purchasing a new ram 1500 limited, but I couldn’t find information on the surround camera. I pull my truck into the garage and it’s an extremely tight fit, and it’s a pain with my current truck as I don’t have a surround camera like the rams have. The thing is though, I have to fold my mirrors in to fit into the garage. Does anyone know if the surround camera system still functions while the mirrors are folded in?

thanks!

carcorze

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m considering purchasing a new ram 1500 limited, but I couldn’t find information on the surround camera. I pull my truck into the garage and it’s an extremely tight fit, and it’s a pain with my current truck as I don’t have a surround camera like the rams have. The thing is though, I have to fold my mirrors in to fit into the garage. Does anyone know if the surround camera system still functions while the mirrors are folded in?

thanks!

With Folded Mirror you will see the back and front camera but since mirros al folded those will not be usefull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The camera is relocated under side mirror so fold in the mirror will make the surround video look funny.

LouCap

Reaction score
You didn't say if the Limited you're looking at has Tow Mirrors or not. Be aware if the window sticker or build sheet shows Tow Mirrors you will NOT have folding mirrors or 360 cameras.

However, they will still charge you for both the 360 cameras AND the towing package.

LordoftheRams

Reaction score
It seems like the 360 view distortion on the side mirrors when folded could be fixed with a simple programming feature that rotates and readjusts the image from the folded position. I can see the cameras still work, its just the angle they point looks wonky on the screen.

paulvi01

Reaction score
My truck fit very tight in the garage too, i folded mirrors to enter in the garage no problem with the 360 cameras. cameras are under the mirror that not cause any interference with camera.

LordoftheRams

Reaction score
My truck fit very tight in the garage too, i folded mirrors to enter in the garage no problem with the 360 cameras. cameras are under the mirror that not cause any interference with camera.

So your image for 360 does not change at all when you fold your mirrors in? When I fold mine in the camera is on the folding part so the image on either side of the truck rotates as the camera rotates Which makes the 360 kind of useless when they are folded in.

paulvi01

Reaction score
Second and third picture its with folded mirrors, first picture its with unfolded mirrors no changes.
8308001404c033e127e1144ca124ede7.jpg
cb2e9abd0686879b39e8963984d174ac.jpg
1e3a5faa9a5b86c8e48823eb87b2148f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

maddog49

Reaction score
Paul yours looks different than a 2019. Is yours a 2020? Of possibly you have new software on the truck (this could be fixed with a software update).

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 1500 and 2500 360 camera setup are different, the side camera on 2500 is not on the side mirror therefore does not effect the picture whenever it folded or not.

elinventorcito

Reaction score
Hello,

thanks!
They do work but the view angle is distorted by the camera position in the fold position

Users who are viewing this thread