5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround camera and backup camera images

Draker

Reaction score
Just picked up a new 2020 ram with 12" Uconnect. Have noticed that the surround camera and backup camera images are "grainy" compared to the 8.4" screen that i had on the 2017 ram. Is this normal for the 12" screen? Everything else seems high resolution on it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just picked up a new 2020 ram with 12" Uconnect. Have noticed that the surround camera and backup camera images are "grainy" compared to the 8.4" screen that i had on the 2017 ram. Is this normal for the 12" screen? Everything else seems high resolution on it.
I have noticed on Jeep loaner vehicles that the smaller screen has a higher pixel density (higher res), so that could be it.
That being said, the cameras on my 12" screen are the sharpest I've had in any vehicle. It does get grainy in low light, but that's a different issue.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
When you exit a dark space, such as a garage and enter into a full blown sunny situation, the front camera does get super bleed over, almost making the image white, but once you cross whatever threshold there is, it goes back to clear. That's the only thing I've noticed. I would like to see the camera images be full 12" screen in length, but that's about my only complaint. Looks good from my perspective.

HuskerRAM

Reaction score
Hey did you ever get a resolution to this?

Draker

Reaction score
Hey did you ever get a resolution to this?
No. Back to the dealer in a couple of weeks so will have them review the image quality then. Been in several Rebels and Sports with the 12" Uconnect system and camera systems were very clear compared to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online