5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercharger info

abranchizio

Reaction score
I want to add a supercharger to my 5.7 non E-torque 2020 1500 with 29000 miles totally stock. What is the best bang for the buck? I am not looking to race or shave tenths off the clock, just want to tear pavement when I put my foot down. It seems like this is a $10,000 endeavor. i have about 5k budgeted for this upgrade. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Look in to Torqstorm. That's probably the only kit in your price range. With tuning you will probably blow your budget though. Most other kits are $6500+ unless you can find a used system.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You're not going to buy any new set ups with tuning in the 5k range.

Best to keep an eye out on the forums and ebay for a used one.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t really advocate going into debt, and this assumes you are in the US and have good credit.

You could charge it all on a credit card (preferrably a rewards card), use your $5k to pay part of it, then transfer the remaining balance onto a card that’s 0% for balance transfers. You’ll probably pay 3% for the transfer fee. This way is a cheap loan.

Either way, you’re not going to have a new supercharger kit and tuning for $5k, even if you install it yourself.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Procharger sells a kit and they're pretty much bolt on 100+ hp. Always good results on the chargers/300s/jeeps/etc. Unless I go crazy and go whipple, the procharger setup is probably what I'll go with. I've never thought about turbo, but that's always an option too.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$5k is an unrealistic budget for this unless you are capable of fabricating your own intake, charge pipe, fittings, and oil/water lines....and doing all the installs/fitment. Even then we still haven't even gotten to tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread