5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl in Inglewood - Anyone Familiar with the Area?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thinking of going out to Inglewood, California for the Super Bowl. Anyone ever stay in the Inglewood area, or know anything about it? Is it a safe/fun area to walk around?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how it is now, but back in 80s-90s parts of it weren't the safest place to be after sunset.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I'm not familiar with the far side of the county. I suspect they'll clean up the area and run off any transients and move the tent cities for the game so safety shouldn't be a issue.

Also, I don't know how you feel about masks and all that. California, and Los Angeles in particular, are still crazy for it. You'll have to mask up in the stadium. If you try to eat in a restaurant in the City of Los Angeles (which includes places like Hollywood and San Pedro) you will have to show your vaccination card. Inglewood itself, I don't know about. You wanna go shopping anywhere in the county? Mask up.

As far as touristy walking around, Little Tokyo or Hollywood and maybe San Pedro are about it. Things are too spread out to be pedestrian-friendly.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the far side of the county. I suspect they'll clean up the area and run off any transients and move the tent cities for the game so safety shouldn't be a issue.

Also, I don't know how you feel about masks and all that. California, and Los Angeles in particular, are still crazy for it. You'll have to mask up in the stadium. If you try to eat in a restaurant in the City of Los Angeles (which includes places like Hollywood and San Pedro) you will have to show your vaccination card. Inglewood itself, I don't know about. You wanna go shopping anywhere in the county? Mask up.

As far as touristy walking around, Little Tokyo or Hollywood and maybe San Pedro are about it. Things are too spread out to be pedestrian-friendly.
I watched the NFC Championship game yesterday and only saw a few dipshits wearing masks. After looking at the SoFi stadium website, I saw this page. Apparently, it's not being enforced because I saw a lot of people not wearing masks. https://www.sofistadium.com/planyourvisit/

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
I watched the NFC Championship game yesterday and only saw a few dipshits wearing masks. After looking at the SoFi stadium website, I saw this page. Apparently, it's not being enforced because I saw a lot of people not wearing masks. https://www.sofistadium.com/planyourvisit/
Thanks for the link. I actually wasn't planning on going into the stadium, my Son and I were thinking about getting a hotel within walking distance and just milling around the area, maybe drop in on some tailgating. Done that many times in Cleveland and Cincinnati, but the more I think about it, doing that in Inglewood would likely be less enjoyable than hanging with the "home crowds" in Ohio. A company that I used to work for had an office in Orange County, which was a nice area, but I'm pretty sure this is a much different place.

BTW, sometimes I am one of those "dipshits wearing masks" ;)

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I actually wasn't planning on going into the stadium, my Son and I were thinking about getting a hotel within walking distance and just milling around the area, maybe drop in on some tailgating. Done that many times in Cleveland and Cincinnati, but the more I think about it, doing that in Inglewood would likely be less enjoyable than hanging with the "home crowds" in Ohio. A company that I used to work for had an office in Orange County, which was a nice area, but I'm pretty sure this is a much different place.

BTW, sometimes I am one of those "dipshits wearing masks" ;)
IMO, if you're going to a stadium with 75,000 screaming fans, you shouldn't be there if you think a mask is going to save you from getting/transmitting COVID. That just doesn't make sense.

Scram1500

Reaction score
.45 ACP at the minimum and you should be fine

HemiDude

Reaction score
IMO, if you're going to a stadium with 75,000 screaming fans, you shouldn't be there if you think a mask is going to save you from getting/transmitting COVID. That just doesn't make sense.
That much I agree with. Reading through the stadium rules, I saw something that basically said "you can take your mask off while you are eating or drinking, but you have to put it on as soon as you are done". I don't know that I've ever attended a sporting event where I wasn't eating and drinking the entire time

Users who are viewing this thread