5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunshade/Sun Roof Won't Open

Ford guy

Reaction score
I just picked up a new to me 2021 RAM Limited earlier this week. It was snowing on the day I checked it out so the one thing I wasn't able to check was the sunroof.

Today was the first day it was nice enough to test the sunroof. I went to open it and nothing happened. I then went to check the sun shade and close it (it had been in the fully open position) and nothing happened.

All other buttons in the overhead control panel work except ones related to the dual pane sunroof (Tilt, Sunroof, Shade). I read a few other threads on here and did what those folks did - checked fuses, took off the control panel and check the connections, etc. Nothing is working.

The dealership I purchased it from is 1.5 hours away so I'd like to avoid driving there if possible. Any other ideas what I could check?

Will any dealership repair this free of cost since I'm still under the factory warranty?

Appreciate it.
Have 23 Ram limited with roof,shade issues. Was calibrated once already and going back Monday Apr 29 for second fix. Absolutely sucks, gonna get stuck in bad weather some day with it open. Grrrrrr

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have 23 Ram limited with roof,shade issues. Was calibrated once already and going back Monday Apr 29 for second fix. Absolutely sucks, gonna get stuck in bad weather some day with it open. Grrrrrr
My sunroof track was replaced under warranty. Was shuddering when opening/closing and had to assist it to close. Lubrication made zero difference. Dealer said the track was warped. No issues since

Users who are viewing this thread