5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
Do you have the sunroof? Was it worth the money? Would you buy it again?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, yes, and yes. I really like mine. I've not had any issues with it. This is the first vehicle in a long time that I've had a moonroof in and I'm happy I got it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

bucolic

Reaction score
I've always loved Sunroofs. I am looking forward to using mine in a couple of months when spring arrives! The dual-pane really brightens the cab. I think you will find a good divide on them here. Those that love em love em and those that don't, don't! I have found people who had a sunroof that leaked are the ones the most against them. I have been one of those that never had any leak issues with any sunroof I have had and it has been many!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think I've opened mine maybe three times in almost a year and a half. Definitely not worth it for me, but I bought my Laramie off the lot. So it's not like I ordered it with the sunroof. I spent long enough looking for a truck with the options I wanted. The sunroof wasn't something I cared one way or the other about. But if I was to order a truck I would order one without.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Probably not (rarely open the shade). Maybe (it's nice when I do).

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had sunroofs on probably the last 10 vehicles I've owned...this time I wanted NO sunroof. I realized that whenever it's hot out, I want AC, not hot wind. And realized i almost never open them. They add weight too, which reduces payload. To each his own.

db252

Reaction score
I could have gone either way with the sunroof on our order but the wife likes it sooooooooooooo.................yeah.

HeavyMetalHauler

Reaction score
Definitely like my sunroof. Really brightens up the cab, and like to have that open along with the rear window in the summer when on highways. Less crazy than having the driver and passenger side windows down going 120km/h

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love mine, was one of the options I wanted. The vent feature in the summer is a God send for keeping the cab from getting overwhelming hot, and helps vent out the hot air when remote starting with A/C. Keep the shade open almost all the time as it brightens the interior. During spring/fall, and cooler summer days there is nothing like opening up every window when driving around

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a full panoramic on my last vehicle that I rarely opened, other than keeping the sunshade opened. So NO I would not seek one out again, but if the truck on the lot had it and I wanted the truck otherwise it wouldn't deter me. Just isn't something I have to have anymore.

pMak26

Reaction score
I absolutely love the pano sunroof. It transforms the interior. If I didn't have it, now that I know how nice it is, I would feel like I am missing out.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Love mine. Will not get another vehicle without if it‘s an option.

Users who are viewing this thread