5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof & Window Re-initialization & Obsticle Detection Calibration may be needed after Power Disconnect ?instructions?

DanSkan

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with wind noise and water coming in the gap between the sunroof pano front glass and seal - it is not closing tightly against the front seal. When I help/push the sunroof forward while it finishes closing it seals tightly with no gap, leak, or wind noise so I know that it can travel completely forward to make the seal.

When talking to the Service Manager he told me that sometimes when the power is disconnected to the truck the power sunroof and power windows may lose their auto-close/auto-stop memory and need to be re-calibrated.

When I took my Ram into the shop for warranty service to have the sunroof fixed I was told that they re-calibrated the sunroof and it is working properly now. Unfortunately they did not fix the problem and there is still the same gap, water leak, and wind noise. When I complained again, they set up an appointment to try again - this time they may have to remove the headliner and physically adjust the sunroof.

Has anyone ever needed to have the sunroof or windows re-initialized or re-calibrated after a power disconnect? If the service manager is correct, I would think it happens frequently.

There is a procedure listed in the Ram dealers service manual that the technicians run through, like but not exactly "hold close button for 10 sec and it will activate re-calibration and open to next step....."

Does anyone know the procedure instructions or how to find them?

I want to disconnect the battery and power to reset the computer but don't want to lose anything I can't re-program or re-calibrate.

Users who are viewing this thread