5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof seal

TheIronLurp

Reaction score
The sunroof seal on my 2019 1500 is chunked out. This is specificaly the one you see looking down at your roof that runs the around the entire sunroof. My sunroof is also the panaramic one.

I have foound threads saying I can peel the old one out on my own and carefully push a new one in...but repair shops (dealer and third party) insist the entire sunroof needs taken apart and Im looking at several grand. My problem even before the cost is it isnt actualy leaking yet and taking it apart runs the risk it wont get reassembled right. I did read multiple horror stories of dealers "fixing" the sunroof. (I also have not been able to relocate that thread about pushing a new one into place).

I do not have factory warranty, only a third party used one. But the jury is still out if it will cover a rubber seal.

If anyone has had to replace that seal on their truck Id appreciate if you could confirm or deny the requirment to rip the whole sunroof out. Id like to get it done before it degrades too far and water overwhelms the sunroof drains.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sunroof seal on my 2019 1500 is chunked out. This is specificaly the one you see looking down at your roof that runs the around the entire sunroof. My sunroof is also the panaramic one.

I have foound threads saying I can peel the old one out on my own and carefully push a new one in...but repair shops (dealer and third party) insist the entire sunroof needs taken apart and Im looking at several grand. My problem even before the cost is it isnt actualy leaking yet and taking it apart runs the risk it wont get reassembled right. I did read multiple horror stories of dealers "fixing" the sunroof. (I also have not been able to relocate that thread about pushing a new one into place).

I do not have factory warranty, only a third party used one. But the jury is still out if it will cover a rubber seal.

If anyone has had to replace that seal on their truck Id appreciate if you could confirm or deny the requirment to rip the whole sunroof out. Id like to get it done before it degrades too far and water overwhelms the sunroof drains.
After spending much time with my sunroof, I believe you will need to remove the entire frame to change out that seal. Honestly it's not that bad to remove, but it will take some time, about 2-3 hrs depending on your skill.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is a post somewhere here, that you will have to search, that has the process. As I recall, you have to lower but remove headliner, and lower the assembly to repair.

Users who are viewing this thread