5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof rattle

kjk05006

Reaction score
I've always noticed this but it seems to be getting worse. When I first bought the truck I brought it in for them to look at but they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

When driving I hear a rattle/clicking noise coming from the passenger side of the sunroof. It seems to be coming from the corner where the front and back panel meet. It sounds almost like sticky rubber being peeled up and put back (not quite as aggressive but that's the best way I can describe it). If I push my hand up on the corner there, the noise does stop.

It seems like there is something wrong with the seal. I don't get any water in the truck, just the noise. It is always worse as it gets colder.

thoughts?

Handycraftman

Reaction score
I periodically open the hatch completely and lubricate the rubber seals with vaseline grease

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. DuPont Krytox on every sealing surface you can get to, every 6 months.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I periodically open the hatch completely and lubricate the rubber seals with vaseline grease
I probably wouldn't recommend using Vaseline to lubricate the seals unless you want shorter life span of them. There are better products for that.

Handycraftman

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't recommend using Vaseline to lubricate the seals unless you want shorter life span of them. There are better products for that.
In fact, technical vaseline grease prolongs the life of rubber products.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In fact, technical vaseline grease prolongs the life of rubber products.
To each their own. Better silicone products to do the job and last longer in the elements

reb0957

Reaction score
$56.00 an ounce?
Have you tried putting your hands and applying pressure on the headliner to see if it stops. I have a rattle and if I apply upward pressure on the forward cut out of the sunroof it stops.

kjk05006

Reaction score
$56.00 an ounce?
Have you tried putting your hands and applying pressure on the headliner to see if it stops. I have a rattle and if I apply upward pressure on the forward cut out of the sunroof it stops.I

It was more of a rubber clicking noise than a rattle. I had a headliner rattle when I first got the truck and they fixed that.

I bought the product recommended above and applied it. The noise seems to be gone now!

Users who are viewing this thread