5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof power not returning after dead battery reset. Other systems have

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to draining my battery to the point where my 2019 1500 would not start I recharge it and it took several hours for the systems to return such as stability track control and the transmission shifting out of first gear when driving. I had read that that is common for it to take several hours for things to return. Everything is return to normal except for the sunroof Systems in shade. Pressing all three buttons do not cause anything to happen and the fourth button on the roof which controls the rear window does work. Does anyone know if this is a common problem if it takes more than 24 hours or if there is a fuse issue? Has anyone else Notice the same situation where the sunroom does not return after a dead battery

JRegSC

Reaction score
I am having this exact issue after draining my battery. Did you ever find the cause?

TimD

Reaction score
Just had this issue & just fixed it. Details:

Valleted the truck over the weekend and they reported that after I left it they could not start it. Battery was dead. They used a jump box, started it and parked it. Started fine the next day when they brought it to me, but sunroof would not work (back window was working, but none of the left 3 buttons). When I got back home today:
- Put my battery tester on the battery. Battery was dead (drained down to 53 pct within 5 min of turning off truck).
- Computer had a code P1DF3 on it. Research showed this to be ECM not completely or correctly booted.
- I pulled the negative cable off the battery. Set a timer for an hour, found a place with a new battery, then proceeded to pull the battery and went and got a new one.
- Installed the new battery (removed the sensor cable from negative before attaching it, then put it on last--found that tip in a video...).
- Started the truck. As expected, not all of the functions appeared (no SiriusXM, etc.). But the sunroof worked. Went back in and the hour timer went off. So battery was disconnected for about 45 min (I got impatient).

Edited to add: next morning, all the rest of the functions appeared... as expected.

Hope that helps someone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread