5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof Opening

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey y’all. When I one-touch open my pano sunroof it opens about 95% of the way (pic 1) and I found I can one-touch the open button again and it will then go 100% of the way open (pic 2). Is this normal for everyone else? Any ideas as to why it doesn’t just open all the way the first time?
Also, why can’t I open or close the shade at the same time without it stopping the window motion? Lol ugh.
97F2D938-4C53-41F6-A275-C93952F2F5C7.jpeg
F7B5EAD0-2295-44A7-8BD4-1DD8D8C15392.jpeg

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Yes. That's how ours works as well. Not sure why. And same deal with the motion stopping one of the other functions. Seems they only work one at a time.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
It does that to prevent buffering, if you open the sunroof with the door winwows up. If you open the sunroof 100% with the door windows up it’s going to make a woofing sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes sense. We normally open the back window when we open the roof. That provides better ventilation and kills the helicopter effect completely.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It does that to prevent buffering, if you open the sunroof with the door winwows up. If you open the sunroof 100% with the door windows up it’s going to make a woofing sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the answer.

As to why you can't open the shade and roof at the same time it is most likely due to preventing the shade from being torn/ ripped out if driving at high speeds. If you have the back window open and you open the sun roof all the air goes straight out the sun roof. You know some idiot would try to open both at 100 mph and tear their shade up.

Users who are viewing this thread