5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof leak

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls,

So my 2020 ram 3500 Larime is leaking from the rear of the sunroof. Been an issue now for almost a year. Dealer has had the truck countless amount of times and has still been unable to remedy the situation.1st they adjusted the sunroof so that it would close tighter or at least that's what they told me. The 2nd time it went back they changed the seal around the glass along with cracking my windshield when they pulled it and reinstalled it(also had tinted the windshield so that was destroyed as well). 3rd time back they changed the windshield and replaced the sunroof glass along with seal. 4th time back they tried to adjust it again. 5th and 6th time now and they replaced everything sunroof glass seal assembly (got it home and operated the sun roof and guess what I couldnt get it to close properly so back to the dealer it went🤦after a calibration it closed and opened think they would have tried this before calling me) . Well here we are today and it's raining here and it is like Niagara Falls inside my 85k truck. I am at my wit's end with this problem. Question is has anyone successfully had this problem remedied by the dealer or at all?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You might want to post this in the HD section. 1500's have a different sunroof system.
I'd seriously look into the suggestion to lemon law this truck. If it's leaking this much there's no telling what kind of damage is going on inside your cab from all that water.

d19r93

Reaction score
Most places limit the lemon law to the first year. Missouri is that way. Get a case opened ASAP to make sure you don't get screwed.

Sounds like a lemon for sure. Sounds like something didn't get machined right at the factory.

My 1500 has a sunroof. I ordered a 2500 without it for that reason. Less places to leak!

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I'd try a different dealer. The quality of service departments varies widely.

Also, contact RamCares.

Reaction score
Update: Well the truck is back the dealer and went to there body shop too try and fix the situation. Guess what the body shop says they don't know what to do with it so back to the dealership where it will sit till a FCA Rep comes out and makes a decision on where we go from here. At this point I just want out of the truck. God only knows what kind of damage it's doing to the electrical components in the head liner and dash. I might be jumping ship to a GMC if FCA won't do right by this.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a picture of one we had in the shop. The roof was missing some support/framing in the roof. Ram replaced his truck, he went with a roof again. So far no issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220409-071752_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220409-071752_WhatsApp.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
Here is a picture of one we had in the shop. The roof was missing some support/framing in the roof. Ram replaced his truck, he went with a roof again. So far no issues.
Wow was that a 1500? Are you pushing down on the roof or was that just the way it is? Hope RAM will do the same for me 🙏

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I might be jumping ship to a GMC if FCA won't do right by this.
Coming from three GMCs in a row, and having my first Ram, I'd recommend you think long and hard before going to a GMC over this. They have sunroofs, too, and wouldn't do anything more than FCA is doing to remedy something like this.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of tinkering with the roof but not a single check of the drains for a clog?

Reaction score
Drains were blown out with compressed air and snaked by yours truly.. The problem is that the rear drivers corner all the way to the middle of the glass does not seal properly and has a steady stream of water pouring in when it rains. Has nothing to do with the drains. I know some water is supposed to get in hence the drains but not a river of water.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sounds like you need to find a new dealer. Find it hard to believe a dealer would have a vehicle 6 times for a simple water leak and can't fix it. By now they would have had the shop foreman involved/ factory involved and come up with a resolution. If it is leaking in that badly, how did it leave the dealer 5 times claiming it was fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread