5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sun roof tint

Cajun_

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a 70% ceramic ir window tint installed on my sun roof. Has anyone had any experience doing the same?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did it on my last car, but don’t have a sunroof on the ram. I used 80% ceramic tint and 4% on the rest of the windows (excluding front). It worked great to keep the car cool when it was running, but I also felt like it kept the car hot when parked.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I did it on my last car, but don’t have a sunroof on the ram. I used 80% ceramic tint and 4% on the rest of the windows (excluding front). It worked great to keep the car cool when it was running, but I also felt like it kept the car hot when parked.
Interesting.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting.

It could just be me and the 3m tint I used, so it would be interesting to see what others have to say.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
35% on mine, still plenty of light gets through to see/feel, but the heat is mostly removed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had 20% film added to my sunroof, not ceramic. I guess it helps. Always have the sunshade open and my A/C works great.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had 20% film added to my sunroof, not ceramic. I guess it helps. Always have the sunshade open and my A/C works great.
The ceramic is literal night and day difference in temperature. I'll never go back to regular tint for vehicles.

Yamie700

Reaction score
I have 35% ceramic installed on my sunroof and my front 2 windows. I feel like the sunroof tint really helps, on longer drives it definitely helps the cab to stay comfortable. My tint installer did tell me not to go too dark on the sunroof. He said if you go with like 5% or 15% there is a chance the sunroof glass can then absorb too much heat and could potentially break. He said 35% is fine though so that's what I went with.

djjr50

Reaction score
Went with Crystalline 90%. Seems to work well but I didnt touch the windshield so I think the hot Florida sun comes in through that un-tinted orifice!

Users who are viewing this thread