5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for replacement windshield wipers?

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I tried everything from boche, Michelin, duralast, and rain x silicone. They all wear and streak. So now I go with mid grade whatever brand
Well that’s depressing. Had my eye on Bosch Icon as many have sworn by them.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Well that’s depressing. Had my eye on Bosch Icon as many have sworn by them.
I run Icons on all three vehicles, 2013 Equinox, 2013 RAM, and 2015 RAM. The 2013 has been replaced by a 2022 but it will get the Icons when the time comes.

The Icons are hands down the best wiper blades I've ever used. I live in Michigan so I get all the weather and the Icons do their job. I also maintain my windshields by keeping them clean, when they accumulate grit I clay bar them, I'm sure this helps the performance of the icons.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My $.02, I look for Anco or Trico, conventional for Summer, beam for Winter. The fancy name brands cost more and don't work any better. RainX wears off after about the second storm and just becomes normal blades. And beam technology doesn't wipe very well overall but stays flexible in ice and snow.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Project Farm is usually part of my decision making process for tools and vehicle maintenance.

I can't watch that video at work. Can you give us the cliffsnotes version and tell us which blades he recommmends?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
He said the Bosch was the best, but it’s hard to beat the cheaper brands like aero for the price. Here’s his rankings from the first video
Aero tied for 3rd so I decided to give them a shot
24777F84-7C31-4836-B929-36D10F1A887B.jpeg

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At anywhere from $20 to $30 each, they're on the high end expense wise, especially once you factor in shipping. Found them on BAM for $21.21 each, with shipping costing over $20. So more than $63 if I bought from them. But I agree with you that they work as well or better than any others I've tried. I'll probably break down and buy those when my original equipment wipers need to be replaced. But I'll keep an eye out for a better deal until then. So far, after a full year they're still working well.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was always scared away from OEM wipers because they were so expensive, but I got sick of the aftermarket wipers crappy performance and short life. Even if the OEM wipers didn't last any longer than aftermarket wipers, I would be okay with that because they just work better. Better meaning, no streaking, skipping, and quiet operation. What I've found is the OEM blades normally last 2 times longer, which makes the extra expense a moot point.

Users who are viewing this thread