5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for budget friendly wheels

Bink

Reaction score
I’m just wondering if anyone can recommend some affordable brands of wheels that are still decent quality? My Laramie came with the 20 inch polished wheels however I would like to change them out to black, but I lease and don’t want to put a bunch of money into them knowing I’m not gonna keep this past three more years. I appreciate the advice of anyone who contributes!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’m just wondering if anyone can recommend some affordable brands of wheels that are still decent quality? My Laramie came with the 20 inch polished wheels however I would like to change them out to black, but I lease and don’t want to put a bunch of money into them knowing I’m not gonna keep this past three more years. I appreciate the advice of anyone who contributes!
You may want to go the PlastiDip route. Cheap and easily reversible. Search the forum, lots of us have done this. ;)

BTW, pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have other questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Cheers,

Bink

Reaction score
You may want to go the PlastiDip route. Cheap and easily reversible. Search the forum, lots of us have done this. ;)

BTW, pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a moment. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have other questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Cheers,
I will get that updated, thank you for the suggestion! I do worry about the plastidip because I do not want it falling off...seems like if it is reversible than it cannot be that durable? In the end I do not know for sure I am just guessing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I will get that updated, thank you for the suggestion! I do worry about the plastidip because I do not want it falling off...seems like if it is reversible than it cannot be that durable? In the end I do not know for sure I am just guessing 🤷🏻‍♂️
You bet.
You can easily get >2 yrs out of PlastiDip.
Tons of videos available on Youtube on how to apply it. Very easy (albeit tedious prep) to do, but once done, it looks great with very little investment.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
What do you consider affordable?... Tbh all 1 peice wheels are pretty cheap, it's the tires that are expensive! Fuel and Moto Metal both have really nice looking clean wheels for right around a grand. The fuel maverick is a super clean wheel, looks good on just about anything, and can be had from around $900-$1300 for a set of 4 depending on what size you get.

Here's a couple videos to give you some more ideas

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bink

Reaction score
What do you consider affordable?... Tbh all 1 peice wheels are pretty cheap, it's the tires that are expensive! Fuel and Moto Metal both have really nice looking clean wheels for right around a grand. The fuel maverick is a super clean wheel, looks good on just about anything, and can be had from around $900-$1300 for a set of 4 depending on what size you get.

Here's a couple videos to give you some more ideas

Thanks I’ll check those out. I purchased Wildpeaks this summer, and for wheels I’m looking to stay at or under $200/wheel...definitely would like to be under $1k with everything swapped and installed.

Bink

Reaction score
I want a simple design, all black (no chrome rivets or anything else, just black) and doesn’t stick out...as close to how the factory wheels sit as possible.

Bink

Reaction score
You bet.
You can easily get >2 yrs out of PlastiDip.
Tons of videos available on Youtube on how to apply it. Very easy (albeit tedious prep) to do, but once done, it looks great with very little investment.
I’ll definitely look into it. I’m in North Dakota where we get pretty harsh winters and salt is used, so I’ll see what the durability is like on it.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Thanks I’ll check those out. I purchased Wildpeaks this summer, and for wheels I’m looking to stay at or under $200/wheel...definitely would like to be under $1k with everything swapped and installed.
Watch those videos! They listed some really nice looking wheels for under a grand! Like mentioned in my first post the fuel maverick is one of my all time favorite wheels and it's right inside that price range depending on what size you get! I had the matte black and machined version on my 2013 Laramie and they looked PERFECT on that truck with the chrome I had on that truck. The wheels were 20x10 -24 and they cost me $1150 back then. Obviously the bigger/wider and more offset you go the more expensive they get!

Here's a couple pictures of my old 2013 Laramie from CO's gallery with the mavericks

e2cafeded371e5cd239e7a77d5f7cc22.jpg
f0d4db8fca88c2755a3eba83f6e751f3.jpg
cc50b530a1f498714ed0f5e784f6d401.jpg

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
I’ll definitely look into it. I’m in North Dakota where we get pretty harsh winters and salt is used, so I’ll see what the durability is like on it.
Oh... Well idk about all black designs lol I'm sure there is plenty of options out there for that! I personally don't like the all black look, but I'm sure you can find what your looking for!... As far as durability... I live in Iowa same harsh winters as you, I ran those mavericks with the machined faces for over 6 years here in Iowa winters and they still looked brand new when I traded that truck in on my new 5th gen back in September! I'm pretty anal and keep my truck clean but there wasn't a single spot of rust or anything on them when it comes to the machined parts of the wheels! Good luck!

moparleo51

Reaction score
to bad your far away, i might be selling my factory wheels , depends on if i end up trading my truck in
9waiting for the dealer to give me numbers). but if i end up keeping i will be selling soon, they only have 3000 miles and are 20 inch black withwildpeak3 tires and sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread