5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for Box cover and Running Boards

ARTEX Construction

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just got my first truck today; 2019 RAM 1500, Bighorn, Crew Cab Black on Black.
I would need some suggestions for getting the Running Boards and the Bed Box Cover for the 5'7" box
Thanks!!

Neokane

Reaction score
I am getting my truck tomorrow.
Looking at getting the tuxedo prox15 tonneau
And the aries 4" big steps. (Had these on my tundra I sold today and liked them.)

cotonymopar

Reaction score
I will be adding an Access Limited, it will be my 3rd, access cover, had one on my 03, my 12, and will get it for my 19, also, I had amp research steps and will get those delivered this coming week. my third set I have bought... love the customer service from both companies

Pressgrove

Reaction score
There are as many opinions on here as there are available products. That said, there is some very good information here. I'm purchasing a bed cover and bedliner that I never knew existed before getting on this forum (and I've owned trucks for the last 25 years). You're at the right place, but you'll want to narrow your scope a little to get better feedback.

Start with narrowing your choices based on the choices below (or at least figure out what you might be interested in), then use the search to find existing threads that discuss the questions you have. You'll most likely get a lot of your questions answered, but have new questions (that are easier to get direct answers on) from people who have the specific items you are considering.

Running boards:
  • Fixed or retractable
  • Steps (flat) or bars (round), or drop steps
  • Material (plastic, aluminum, steel)
  • Finish color (black, chrome, stainless steel, etc.)
  • Finish texture (molded plastic, textured powdercoat, spray-in bedliner material, etc)
  • Cab length or full length
Bed covers
  • Soft or hard
  • Rollup, retractable, tri-fold
  • Material (plastic/vinyl, aluminum, steel)
  • Ease of removal
  • Toolbox and bedrail compatibility

Congrats on the new ride.

Users who are viewing this thread