5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for a tailgate mat?

philodog

Reaction score
I got a super nice custom fit rubber bed mat for under $100 but there doesn't seem to be any custom tailgate mats. My week old Laramie already has scratches on the tailgate from sliding stuff in and out. I have the bed mat from my old truck but the material is thick and heavy. Any suggestions for a light weight alternative? Maybe a material similar to floor mats?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a super nice custom fit rubber bed mat for under $100 but there doesn't seem to be any custom tailgate mats. My week old Laramie already has scratches on the tailgate from sliding stuff in and out. I have the bed mat from my old truck but the material is thick and heavy. Any suggestions for a light weight alternative? Maybe a material similar to floor mats?
I have purchased 2. The weather tech is good for a soccer mom, not very substantial. I have to do some reviews to find what I purchased but it is one that comes with a bed liner and can be ordered separately. Took me some time to find it and also took some time to get it. It has "ribs" and is the way to go in my opinion. I'll be back.

Jako

Reaction score
I have purchased 2. The weather tech is good for a soccer mom, not very substantial. I have to do some reviews to find what I purchased but it is one that comes with a bed liner and can be ordered separately. Took me some time to find it and also took some time to get it. It has "ribs" and is the way to go in my opinion. I'll be back.
Duraliner Tailgate Liner
$49.12
$49.12
Subtotal:$49.12
Shipping:$15.99
Discount:$0
Tax:$0
TOTAL:$65.11

BuyAutoTruck Accessories

The WeatherTech is "pretty" though, may be good for a scratch but not a dent.

Last edited:

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bed Rug makes a nice piece just for the tailgate. I have a spray in bedliner but added a Bed Rug mat to the bed, Gives added protection, slide prevention and is easier on the ole body when I am in there. I regret not getting the tailgate piece and will be circling back to get that.

philodog

Reaction score
Thanks. Ordered the Duraliner because of the hard plastic, easier to slide stuff on.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the weatherTech TechLiner. Works great. But I know what you mean about ease of sliding objects..TechLiner is more like a hard rubber so things don't slide around too much. I like it though.

philodog

Reaction score
Got the Duraliner in 2 days from buyautotruckaccessories.com. 10 minute install and it fits perfect. Recommend.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have had this mat since I bought my truck in June 2018.
It will be the best bang for the buck anywhere. Awesome quality rubber and it absolutely grips everything I put on it. The 4x5 is an almost perfect fit for the short bed:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Bed Rug makes a nice piece just for the tailgate. I have a spray in bedliner but added a Bed Rug mat to the bed, Gives added protection, slide prevention and is easier on the ole body when I am in there. I regret not getting the tailgate piece and will be circling back to get that.
Your truck looks sharp!

Jako

Reaction score
Got the Duraliner in 2 days from buyautotruckaccessories.com. 10 minute install and it fits perfect. Recommend.
Took me more time than that to find where it was available on the internet and go through the web sites format to find the one that fits the Ram. It is nice and fits the needs.
Ram tailgate mat.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here are the pics of the mat I posted this morning if anyone’s interested.

7447F7C0-0314-45A0-A383-B6B607DD5CF9.jpeg C79D7D28-7FE5-4D64-B1E1-669059880CBD.jpeg

Jako

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/