5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suddenly U-connect alerts

W9MCP

Reaction score
Suddenly got a complete vehicle health report added to it following my drive in to work this AM, with an alert via the app on iOS.

Attached is a screenshot. I’m in 21.03.11 on my N0GL unit (app version 34.31.0-20210120-LFRM). It’s been months since my last OTA push.

Sean

Attachments

• FDD4E18A-DA64-41B0-8F5B-E228CBF4FE3B.png
    FDD4E18A-DA64-41B0-8F5B-E228CBF4FE3B.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 18

W9MCP

Reaction score
I don't know who told you that you can't have this feature but they were wrong.
This has been covered in so many threads I don’t know how else to tell you. There are a lot of us that Ram and Sirius both and over the course of dozens of phone calls, emails, and in my case registered letters, told that this would depend completely on the specific iteration of head unit in the vehicle and a pile of other variables and they simply refused to commit to it working, ever, on the 12” display Sirius extended my contract once because of it, and Ram provided a bunch of extra oil changes and services as compensation.

Now, had I wanted to go thru the hoops of fighting to make them change the head unit, I possibly could have had these work. But everything else on the truck works fine and I wasn’t about to go down the rabbit hole of a swap on an otherwise bone stock and working system just for vehicle health reports that RAM wouldn’t commit to being guaranteed even after a head unit swap.

So they weren’t wrong until this week - even tho over the course of months I’d worked with Sirius and RAM on a near daily basis (having the software pushed down as OTAs multiple times, recording videos of the unit in action plus captures from several generations of iOS devices and various versions of the app) it’d never worked. And I’m far from the only person who was told this and who had similar experiences. Yes, we knew “some people” had working units. But there’s plenty of evidence on the boards here that some of us didn’t (and not due to user error), and even with Ram and Sirius spending literally hundreds of person hours on it, didn’t until this round of changes in the past month or so.

Sean

W9MCP

Reaction score
Adding a screenshot of the details under the VHR

Sean

Attachments

• 1707E8F2-E5E1-4124-AFC0-F982EC2D8537.png
    1707E8F2-E5E1-4124-AFC0-F982EC2D8537.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 19

LV426

Reaction score
I wish I could get a better understanding of these revisions, HW #'s and why Uconnect feels they need to blatantly lie to customers regarding these radios.
They straight up told me via email VHR's are not compatible with the 12"...lol, lying pricks...

So maybe the HW issues they claim are only for the N3GL version since it appears that one has not received any updates??? hard to keep track of this...

Below is mine for anyone keeping track of revisions.

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_073619.jpg
    IMG_20210407_073619.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 15

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I could get a better understanding of these revisions, HW #'s and why Uconnect feels they need to blatantly lie to customers regarding these radios.
They straight up told me via email VHR's are not compatible with the 12"...lol, lying pricks...

So maybe the HW issues they claim are only for the N3GL version since it appears that one has not received any updates??? hard to keep track of this...

Below is mine for anyone keeping track of revisions.
I also have an N3GL (No VHRs as of yet).

LV426

Reaction score
I also have an N3GL (No VHRs as of yet).
So you have a '21 with the N3GL, Uconnect made it sound like the N3GL had a HW issues yet they are still sticking it in new ones... Crazy.

reb0957

Reaction score
What software version are you running and hardware PN?
CNAC29NFGL 20.04.09

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
CNAC29NFGL 20.04.01
never had a vehicle report, glitch or otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread