5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suddenly U-connect alerts

W9MCP

Reaction score
This morning I received a notification via iOS from my uConnect app that my fuel level was below 1/8th in my 2019 Limited. I don’t have the subscriptions active for any services, since I let them lapse. I’ve never received a single alert in the history of owning the vehicle, and RAM repeatedly said the 2019’s would never support the vehicle health info, etc. But opening the app a couple hours later, I now see fuel levels, tire pressure, mileage, and oil life remaining. No true vehicle health report data, but these items each have their own data box. Data is correct, since I filled the truck up at lunch and it shows 100%. Thought I’d post about it in case anyone else wanted to check their apps and see if data is suddenly there, for those of us with ‘older’ 5th gen trucks which never had any data visible in the app :)

Sean

Attachments

• E77709C6-4E95-41E7-B3B0-165223391721.jpeg
    E77709C6-4E95-41E7-B3B0-165223391721.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 43

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What size screen do you have?

My understanding is 12” do not have this capability and 8” does (possibly with other requirements)

reb0957

Reaction score
You would in a limited it would be a 12"! Subscribed because I pay double for UConnect and get less than I did in my 2016!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

W9MCP

Reaction score
What size screen do you have?

My understanding is 12” do not have this capability and 8” does (possibly with other requirements)
It’s a limited with the 12” screen; I’ve tracked this issue since I bought the truck new. Build date July/2018.

So yes, I’m aware that until now we’ve been told this would never work (well, after the first year when we were told of course it would work, until they decided they’d never do it), that’s why this was so surprising to suddenly appear.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
My truck(MY2019) came with 8.4" Nav and I did have that feature. I swapped it to a 12" radio and my truck is still showing on the app and I can see everything that you see... I don't know who told you that you can't have this feature but they were wrong.
I'm not even subscribed to guardian but I doesn't matter, when you subscribed, it gives you the option to unlock, lock, remote-start, honk the horn and stuff like that, but you see this information regardless of your subscription.

reb0957

Reaction score
I have never seen this info! Are all of you using Iphones?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Interesting because while
Mine won’t let me access it because my subscription is expired the messages in the app do say a vehicle health report is available

BigHerm611

Reaction score
This morning I received a notification via iOS from my uConnect app that my fuel level was below 1/8th in my 2019 Limited. I don’t have the subscriptions active for any services, since I let them lapse. I’ve never received a single alert in the history of owning the vehicle, and RAM repeatedly said the 2019’s would never support the vehicle health info, etc. But opening the app a couple hours later, I now see fuel levels, tire pressure, mileage, and oil life remaining. No true vehicle health report data, but these items each have their own data box. Data is correct, since I filled the truck up at lunch and it shows 100%. Thought I’d post about it in case anyone else wanted to check their apps and see if data is suddenly there, for those of us with ‘older’ 5th gen trucks which never had any data visible in the app :)

Sean

Glad this is getting rolled out, just wish it was quicker. I have a 2020 that doesn’t have this feature activated yet. The last two months, I’ve been seeing a few 2020s with the 12inch screen getting them.

OP did you get a recent update on the screen in the truck fairly recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know why but it chaps my *** some people can get this and I don't on my 2021 🤣
You sure you don't have it????
Your radio is 100% compatible so you can call FCA(ahm... Stellantis)and subscribe

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I subscribe and 100% positive I don't have it

Call stellantis. They will help you set it up on your phone.
My dealer helped me getting a user name and password so maybe try your dealer too...

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You sure you don't have it????
Your radio is 100% compatible so you can call FCA(ahm... Stellantis)and subscribe
I have an account and it's set up on my phone just fine. My truck shows up in the app just none of the vehicle information is there.

It's still hit and miss even with the newest year models with the 12 inch screen, even with the latest OTA update.

reb0957

Reaction score
What software version are you running and hardware PN?
CNAC29NFGL 20.04.09

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
How do I know if this works for my truck?

LV426

Reaction score
There are a few separate threads on this topic (like 5 I think).

Anyway, this is what I have from digging into it. Basically, Uconnect does not provide accurate or truthful information...

So W9MCP has a 2019, no subscriptions and he gets a Health Report, interesting... This seems to go against what Jacob/Leo from Uconnect was telling me (see images below). Its my understanding that the 2019/20 have the same 12" radio but honestly its seems hard to really nail down any solid information about these units.

I'm on Android, the app just says "Subscription Expired".

Attachments

• VHR (1).PNG
    VHR (1).PNG
    167 KB · Views: 15
  • uconnect 1.PNG
    uconnect 1.PNG
    99.7 KB · Views: 15
  • uconnect2.PNG
    uconnect2.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread