5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sudden battery death

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As of this morning, dealer still had not looked at it. I told them to hold off.

I rode my motorcycle to Costco and got an Interstate AGM. They only had the H7 AGM, no H8, so that's what I got. It fit in the side case on my bike. LOL Ratchet, extensions, and 10mm socket were the only other things I needed, which I took with me.

I went to the dealer, got they key, and put the new battery in right there in their parking lot. It cranked right up, but still showed the CEL and error messages. I drove it around in their parking lot for a few minutes. I shut it off, got out, locked it, waited a minute, then got back in and cranked it up again 2 or 3 times.

It shifted normally from the get-go. No more stuck in 1st gear. On the 3rd or so restart, all the error messages were gone and the CEL was off.

But, I still had the following issues, all with my 12" Uconnect:

- no backup camera (shift into R and Uconnect screen did not even change away from the media/radio screen).
- no 360 degree view camera
- no ParkSense braking (though the regular backup and front collision sensors still worked)
- Sync button in A/C did not do anything. I.e. on Auto, I could adjust the temp to any number I wanted, but the Sync button would not work to make the 2nd climate zone temp stay synced with the driver's temp setting.
- no controls for the power running boards

All of the icons for all those things were missing in the Uconnect display.

So, I left it at the dealer. But, they said that the reason they had not looked at it yet was they had it in the work queue for their transmission line (because it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear when I had it towed to them). I updated the service writer and he changed it to a new queue and they had it back in a service bay within an hour.

I suspect all it needs now is the Uconnect stuff reset. If all goes as expected now, they should have it done today.

Earlier, I had wondered if I would get charged for a tow if I just went and get the truck, but I realize now that was not a concern. The tow was covered by my Mopar warranty's roadside assistance deal. There is no charge for the tow on my ticket at the dealer. So, if the battery had 100% fixed it, I could have just left in it, with no charges at all.
All you had to do was wait and all that stuff will come back on its own.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, that's a bummer. That I didn't know that, I mean.

But, I stopped for lunch on the way home from the dealer earlier and they texted me before I got home that the tech had already taken my truck into the service bay. So, I expect they will say it's done today, regardless. Also, it was due for a service, and I have the Mopar service plan for oil changes, etc., so I asked them to do that, too, while they have it.

Users who are viewing this thread