5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subwoofer

Reaction score
Looking for powered subwoofer options, I prefer a center console or universal under seat sub. I have a storage tray under rear set so that option is out. I am looking just to add bass to the stock radio, nothing extreme. I own a 2019 1500 new cab style quad cab with the 8" radio display, non Alpine.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
I use an Infinity Bass Link Mini. I really like it but the only place I could find to put it was under the rear seat.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I had a Kicker 11HS8 powered sub in my Rebel but took it out. Not enough bass for me. Had it in for a year then built a custom 10" enclosure. It only fits under the rear seat, not enough room under the front seats.

UnclJim

Reaction score
Been on the hedge about losing my storage then ran across a JL Stealthbox for $900 byebye storage

Reaction score
No pictures yet, I am in the middle of the install. When I purchased the sub from Crutchfield I asked if I needed any adapters for my application. They replied no, everything I needed was in the box. I started by mounted the sub under the passenger front seat, it barely fit and just clears the seat adjustment lever bar. Next, I wanted to run the power supply wire through the passenger side firewall but no where I could find a easily accessible hole and I did not want to drill one. So, I ran it under the dash to the drivers side and came through the main harness grommet, there was a plugged hole below the harness that I used. I grounded to the rear seat mounting bolt. Next step is where I am on hold, the speaker signal input. I contacted Crutchfield through the chat and asked what my options were to tap into the speaker wires. I was told the norm, rear of radio, front or rear speakers. I asked about under the drivers seat. The sent an image of the active noise cancellation module. I said that is what it looks like under my seat. They replied your in luck, we have an adapter, iDatalink bCH3, we offer to make the speaker connections a breeze. I replied that I asked about any adapters I would need for my application when I purchased it, they said no. They apologized and are sending me the adapter free of charge, I will receive the adapter tomorrow, install will continue...........

Ratchet

Reaction score
Good deal. I'm most likely going a different route with a single 12 and an enclosure that will fit under the seat without any overhang. If the single sub doesn't tickle my fancy, I'll already have everything ran cable wise, so I'll just sacrifice all of the rear underseat area and roll with a pair of something. LOL Not trying to be 20 yrs old again, but the bottom end of the base audio system sucks and makes my commute disappointing. I've already upgraded the door speakers and they will most likely get amped during the upcoming sub install.

Reaction score
Good deal. I'm most likely going a different route with a single 12 and an enclosure that will fit under the seat without any overhang. If the single sub doesn't tickle my fancy, I'll already have everything ran cable wise, so I'll just sacrifice all of the rear underseat area and roll with a pair of something. LOL Not trying to be 20 yrs old again, but the bottom end of the base audio system sucks and makes my commute disappointing. I've already upgraded the door speakers and they will most likely get amped during the upcoming sub install.
What speakers did you install in the doors?

Ratchet

Reaction score
With the stock head unit?
Yes. 8.4 with NAV. NON Alpine/amped. With ANC(bypassed) They perform ok just being powered from radio. I'll eventually get around to amping them being I'm having to install a line out converter anyways for the sub amp. The new LOC will also help with defeating the bass roll off with increasing volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread