5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sub Location Ideas?

RamSport

Reaction score
Im looking to add an aftermarket sub to my 19 Sport crew cab. Im wondering if anyone has installed a slim sub possibly behind the rear seat somehow as I don't want to lose storage space underneath the rear seats. Any ideas or pictures would be great. Thanks

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
I took a different direction than most. I’ve got the Du-Ha storage box and modified the Atrend 10” sealed box from my previous ‘13 crew cab to fit inside of it. I had to trim about 6 inches off the right side of it and reseal it to fit inside the Du-Ha. It actually fits quite nicely and still allows the seat to lay down fully flat. I still have ample amount of storage on the driver’s side as well as underneath the right half of the sub box. I use the space behind the rear seats for longer items (clothes hanger bar, cargo bar, snow brush, etc.). I have a toolbox in the bed so I was not as concerned about preserving interior storage space.

bfa30db9366e3f555efc60c887bb4a79.jpg

694840d63d9b7811492721b2eed336c9.jpg

Last edited:

RichInMN

Reaction score
Many thin "truck boxes" will fit behind the passenger side backseat, especially if you reroute / reconfigure the backwall-mounted wiring and go over the top of that vent. Driver's side as well if you don't have the battery pack. There's quite a bit of space and depth to work with back there; I recommend you take the seats out and just measure it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122_124656.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122_124656.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Quint

Reaction score
Similar to MoreOvalteenPlz, I put a sub under the rear passenger-side seat. I built a custom box with mdx board, glue, silicone, and some speaker fabric. It cost me all of $35 in supplies and my 10yr old daughter had fun working on a project with me. What I like is that when I need the space, I can easily disconnect the sub box and throw it into the bed or my garage if needed.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have read of people putting a small universal amp/sub/box from Kicker behind their seats.

The space behind the rear bench seats is for the factory sub on one side and the eTorque battery on the other. If you don't have one (or either) then you have room behind the rear seat as well.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im looking to add an aftermarket sub to my 19 Sport crew cab. Im wondering if anyone has installed a slim sub possibly behind the rear seat somehow as I don't want to lose storage space underneath the rear seats. Any ideas or pictures would be great. Thanks
Alpine system, non-e-torque here.

My powered compact Pioneer sub is mounted to a sheet of laminated mdf and then mounted behind the seat. There is a decent amount of room behind the seat, so a slim enclosure will fit back there. When the back wall carpet cover is back in place, there is some dead space still. If you remove that rear cover, then you will have plenty of room to work with. I went this route for the same reason…I have a WeatherTech under seat bin, did not want to lose under seat storage.

Only issue I can foresee is not having a total flat surface all the way across. There are tabs sticking out of the floor, thinking it’s probably for the reclining seat frames. Can’t remember how far they went back, but that might be an issue. That’s why my sub is on the wall.

Good luck👍

Attachments

• 75AFDF13-18E5-4410-B143-2B51DB0F2222.jpeg
    75AFDF13-18E5-4410-B143-2B51DB0F2222.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 143

RamSport

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input! Will definitely be looking into these options.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alpine system, non-e-torque here.

My powered compact Pioneer sub is mounted to a sheet of laminated mdf and then mounted behind the seat. There is a decent amount of room behind the seat, so a slim enclosure will fit back there. When the back wall carpet cover is back in place, there is some dead space still. If you remove that rear cover, then you will have plenty of room to work with. I went this route for the same reason…I have a WeatherTech under seat bin, did not want to lose under seat storage.

Only issue I can foresee is not having a total flat surface all the way across. There are tabs sticking out of the floor, thinking it’s probably for the reclining seat frames. Can’t remember how far they went back, but that might be an issue. That’s why my sub is on the wall.

Good luck👍
did you tap into wires or harness?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you tap into wires or harness?
I used a PAC AP-Sub CH 41 that is interfaced into the harness behind the dash, between the UConnect and powered sub. The interface gave me one set of RCA’s to add in the sub. From there, it was just RCA back to amp, along with remote, and ground/hot for amp. For hot, I just went straight to battery with a fused connection.
I went with that interface because it was cheaper, gave me what I needed, and came with the ANC bypass cable to complete the install.
The included remote allows me to crank the bass on the uconnect eq, and be able to control bass from the remote knob. Without it, adjusting bass meant diving into the menu every time.

If you only adding one amp or powered sub, this is a cheaper alternative, but needed if you have ANC.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes see i dont have anc and just need to tap into system 😂 i think imma try to tap i to subs

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes see i dont have anc and just need to tap into system 😂 i think imma try to tap i to subs
anyone know which wire it is then ? cause i dont think this pic is correct …

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 1121834D-7F0C-4AF3-9098-2226D9B9BA4A.png
    1121834D-7F0C-4AF3-9098-2226D9B9BA4A.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 58

phisch

Reaction score
Any of you who have removed the rear seats think this JL Audio MicroSub+ might fit behind the rear drivers side? I have an EcoDiesel BigHorn and need a little more thump without taking up floor space under the seats. Got some free space back there without the eTorque battery but not sure how much. Figured I’d take a survey before breaking out the wrenches.

Attachments

• 7EE7D435-BD90-48E8-8B5B-C180F7BF747F.jpeg
    7EE7D435-BD90-48E8-8B5B-C180F7BF747F.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 22

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any of you who have removed the rear seats think this JL Audio MicroSub+ might fit behind the rear drivers side? I have an EcoDiesel BigHorn and need a little more thump without taking up floor space under the seats. Got some free space back there without the eTorque battery but not sure how much. Figured I’d take a survey before breaking out the wrenches.
You may have enough room to fit that enclosure. Had that baffle been angled, I would say for sure. But with it being even from top to bottom, am not sure if you’d clear the seat back at the top or not. At 11 inches tall, it might fit. Definitely would need to remove that trim behind the seat. Good luck👍

Jbenevides89

Reaction score
I also plan on using the space behind my rear seats. Non etorque and base 6 speaker system. If I do it right I should be able to add a sub on each side and mount the amp where the ANC box is under the seat. Anyone have any pictures of what boxes they used for those who were able to get them behind the seats? Any issue with normal sub depth? Any need for shallow profile subs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/