5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid Hail...

Vanguard27

Reaction score
So.. Living in Omaha, I expect bad weather.. but,.. last week, my Ram got some pretty bad hail damage... over $5500 to repair... I have decided that I am going to upgrade to the sport hood since they are replacing it anyways.....

It was damaged everywhere except the passenger side. Damage to hood, front fender, both doors, A pillar, Drivers side bed, Tailgate!!!...

One of those things..:(

The damage is hard to see, since its bright white, picture attached...

Attachments

• IMG_20190528_194649.jpg
    IMG_20190528_194649.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 166

Ickabod

Reaction score
So.. Living in Omaha, I expect bad weather.. but,.. last week, my Ram got some pretty bad hail damage... over $5500 to repair... I have decided that I am going to upgrade to the sport hood since they are replacing it anyways.....

It was damaged everywhere except the passenger side. Damage to hood, front fender, both doors, A pillar, Drivers side bed, Tailgate!!!...

Yeah, luckily the Ram was in the garage when the hail storms hit last week. The BMW X5 didn't fair well though. Glad you are getting a nice hood out of it.

11B4X4

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your damage. I had a near miss for hail damage myself here in Virginia recently. I could literally see and hear the hail moving towards my house. I jumped in the truck in drove it in to some woods with a thick canopy on the side of my house. Figured better chance of hail damage then a tree falling.

How big was the hail that caused the damaged?

Vanguard27

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your damage. I had a near miss for hail damage myself here in Virginia recently. I could literally see and hear the hail moving towards my house. I jumped in the truck in drove it in to some woods with a thick canopy on the side of my house. Figured better chance of hail damage then a tree falling.

How big was the hail that caused the damaged?
Quarter to Nickle Sized...

I was at work.. couldn't hide the truck.. my house had nothing, about 15 miles away.

Screen shot of the radar image of the storm attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190528-044120.png
    Screenshot_20190528-044120.png
    858.9 KB · Views: 31

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Just had mine done in April all PDR. Had over $8k in damage with hits on every panel except the tailgate. Truck is better than new, a good PDR shop can do amazing things these days.

Maple

Reaction score
That sucks - we have had a couple of hail warnings here in Virginia, but luckily nothing has actually hit here. The last warning was for ping-pong ball sized hail. I was debating throwing a couple of moving blankets over the truck. :D
Not sure if they would help, though.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Quarter to Nickle Sized...

I was at work.. couldn't hide the truck.. my house had nothing, about 15 miles away.

Screen shot of the radar image of the storm attached
Yep, thats the storm that hit us...4:30 am woke everyone up in the house. Looks like you were in the Askarben area. Friend of ours in that area said the hail was sizable there. Hope the Ram gets fixed better than new!

Here is a video of the hail storm....

Last edited:

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Yeah, we had some dime-sized hail show up Sunday... my wife's Escape got 4 or 5 dings, my 3-week old RAM got 2... one tiny one on the hood, and another on the roof.

I'll have to find a good PDR place... I doubt it's enough damage to cover our deductible.

My buddy's wife 5 miles away got over 50 dings on her car, and she's pissed!

-John

Users who are viewing this thread