5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in ACC Mode

Rebelruffe

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Folks,

3 days ago I was put my truck in park after driving it to the store, pressed the button to turn it off, but the truck shut the engine off and sat in ACC Mode. Never returning to the off part.

I left it for about 2 hrs came back to it still using the battery, so I decided to drive it home. I removed the battery cables to force it to shut off, after reading some comments on a facebook post of mine.

I brought to the dealership the next morning, No fault codes after we scanned it, but the truck still won't shut off.

Bringing it to today, I reset everything in the truck, (starting to think the new software update bricked the truck)

I now don't have a functioning back up camera, climate control is now either hi or low (no in between) and still cant get the truck to turn off (without putting the cables)

Any ideas??

I have a follow up at the dealership for Friday, but I'm scratching my head.

I heard about issues with the E-torque engines but I don't think this is engine related. Could the software with Uconnect really brick the truck?!?

Also its a 2019 Ram Rebel Quad Cab

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Takes some time for the stuff on the radio to come back, give it a day or so.
As for the switch, I think there have been others who have had theirs replaced.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rebelruffe

Reaction score
Takes some time for the stuff on the radio to come back, give it a day or so.
As for the switch, I think there have been others who have had theirs replaced.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I hope its just as easy as getting that piece replaced, only at 44k miles.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Folks,

3 days ago I was put my truck in park after driving it to the store, pressed the button to turn it off, but the truck shut the engine off and sat in ACC Mode. Never returning to the off part.

I left it for about 2 hrs came back to it still using the battery, so I decided to drive it home. I removed the battery cables to force it to shut off, after reading some comments on a facebook post of mine.

I brought to the dealership the next morning, No fault codes after we scanned it, but the truck still won't shut off.

Bringing it to today, I reset everything in the truck, (starting to think the new software update bricked the truck)

I now don't have a functioning back up camera, climate control is now either hi or low (no in between) and still cant get the truck to turn off (without putting the cables)

Any ideas??

I have a follow up at the dealership for Friday, but I'm scratching my head.

I heard about issues with the E-torque engines but I don't think this is engine related. Could the software with Uconnect really brick the truck?!?

Also its a 2019 Ram Rebel Quad Cab

Any new findings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebelruffe

Reaction score
Any new findings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I dropped it off at the Dealership today, and I had to rent another car in the meantime...

The backup camera and Climate did come back after leaving the truck hooked up to the battery for more than 30 mins.

But it still gets stuck in ACC when I'm done driving and has an issue going to "off".

I will post what they find when I hear more.

Rebelruffe

Reaction score
Update: Dealership replaced the electronic shifter, they said the truck didn't recognize it was in park. So after 8 days in the shop, it was ready for pick up today. When I arrived, the truck was off, clearly it was driven and parked in front. But it happened again, it got stuck in the ACC mode.

They are holding onto the truck to try and figure out what it may be, they mentioned they want to check all the wiring to see if something looks like it may have shorted... (I will update again when they figure it out)

In the meantime, warranty covered 5 rental days but its currently day 8 so, its about to get pricey. I do believe that I shouldn't be responsible for the rental, so they are looking into getting me a loaner.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Update: Dealership replaced the electronic shifter, they said the truck didn't recognize it was in park. So after 8 days in the shop, it was ready for pick up today. When I arrived, the truck was off, clearly it was driven and parked in front. But it happened again, it got stuck in the ACC mode.

They are holding onto the truck to try and figure out what it may be, they mentioned they want to check all the wiring to see if something looks like it may have shorted... (I will update again when they figure it out)

In the meantime, warranty covered 5 rental days but its currently day 8 so, its about to get pricey. I do believe that I shouldn't be responsible for the rental, so they are looking into getting me a loaner.
That stinks. So at 44k miles, do you have an extended warranty, or paying this out of pocket?

Vance26

Reaction score
Has anyone found what the problem could be? I just had the same exact problem happen to me. I haven’t been able to find any information other then this post and it still doesn’t have an answer. So hoping someone has found something

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone found what the problem could be? I just had the same exact problem happen to me. I haven’t been able to find any information other then this post and it still doesn’t have an answer. So hoping someone has found something
The last time @Rebelruffe was active was the day of his last post, and it looks to me that his user may not exist anymore. Hope you get some resolution though.

Beaner121

Reaction score
Hey, did you come across any solutions?
I've got the same problem going on here. Dash says it's charging at 17v, but my multimeter says 14.2. Power lock tailgate is inop, blindside mirrors, reverse cam, many features on the radio display, all inop and stays in accesory mode until I disconnect the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread