5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strictly opinion, no wrong answers...

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love how the color match looks but it sure has a bad side also. The rock chips and bugs can really take a toll if you drive a lot. If you have OCD as bad as I do then that really affects you. The only way to really maintain them is with paint protection. As others have mentioned the chrome over the long term sure hold up better.

I think they both look good just up to you end of day what you prefer and what you can handle with rock chips.

RodRow

Reaction score

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Cmerkert,
If I get a chance on Wednesday to wash it I will post a picture

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
tysmith,

Happy with the 3.92 that was a must for me.

Here is a thread with some of the ivory color:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/wheres-the-official-ivory-white-thread.5175/

Tough decision because I really like Neurobit's vehicle how it blends perfectly together with the chrome!!!

You definitely want to see the colors in person because depending on the time of day/sun/overcast etc...I have noticed these vehicle colors really have character. Meaning they really pop different flavors depending on the weather!!! I don't know if it is the flakes, triple coats etc...definitely have different dispositions from sunny to rain--which I have come to enjoy.

I drove myself crazy between the Delmonico Red and Patriot Blue, good part for me was the chrome won out for me over the completely solid color so it narrowed it down to just the 2 colors in chrome.

I just posted not too long ago today where I said the same thing....I was impatient and should have ordered.
Fortunately, I only wanted 2 other options (side steps and LEDs). I know I will find the side steps, the LED hopefully they will come.

Which do you want to look at the most every time you walk out into your driveway???

tysmith

Reaction score
My 3500 crew that is my daily driver is Max Steel, my 5500 C&C is Granite Crystal, and my 3500 C&C is Patriot Blue. '01 is maybe Patriot Blue? Forget if it was called that back then...

All look good with chrome for sure. I was thinking on the 1500 that the color matched front end was a bit sportier, or streamlined, or something. Can't put my finger on it. I've NEVER had an issue with color before, so not sure why it's an issue now on this truck.

I had an extended test drive in my buddies '19 bighorn crew. 4 guys went skiing, 2 hr ride. 3.21 gears, truck drove and shifted fine. So I think I'm ok with either 3.21 or 3.92, but haven't driven a 3.92 truck.

Local dealer has 3 Limiteds, Black/painted, Ivory/painted, and Granite/chrome. Dealer 1.5 hr away has Billet/Chrome. Billet is 3.92 truck. Local are all 3.21. All trucks have the right mirrors. Tow mirrors would be a deal breaker. Worst case, I order and have to wait. But with two days left in February, if they are willing to deal, I'll have to make an eleventh hour decision on color.

Neurobit, that truck is sharp!

What sold me on the 1500 was the cab/interior. I guess exterior color is really only a formality, because they all look excellent. Maybe a better question would be which color gets the best MPG's?

Again, thanks for all the input!

Users who are viewing this thread