5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange sound coming from right side around where glove box is?

Reaction score
I’ve had my 2019 ram limited for around 4-5 years now and around year 3 it started making this very strange sound from time to time. It’s most of the time like a whistling noise and it doesn’t last for too long so I can’t get it on video. Today’s incident was long and very loud. The loudest it’s ever been. It happened while sitting with the engine on. It has done it at various times but it does seem like it does it more often when idling with the engine on. Take a listen and any help would be appreciated!

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check the cabin air filter, it's in there.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2019 ram limited for around 4-5 years now and around year 3 it started making this very strange sound from time to time. It’s most of the time like a whistling noise and it doesn’t last for too long so I can’t get it on video. Today’s incident was long and very loud. The loudest it’s ever been. It happened while sitting with the engine on. It has done it at various times but it does seem like it does it more often when idling with the engine on. Take a listen and any help would be appreciated!
I would say the TXV valve, If it did it after shutting the engine off.
That sounds louder than normal txv leaking down tho.

Users who are viewing this thread