5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Problem Between Truck & Phone...

2001gw

Reaction score
There is something going on with my new phone.

I just got a new cellphone. (Samsung S22). Now I have a strange thing going on with the relationship between my truck and the phone.

Every once in a while my 12” screen shows that my cell phone is calling itself. When this happens my radio is muted (that is how I first noticed the problem).

When this is happening and I hit the “End Call” icon the call will disconnect for about 2 seconds and then reconnect and say “Connected Call” and start the timer again.

While this is happening I can still make calls with voice command but I can only talk to the other person with the actual phone held up to my ear. Also, while this is happening I cannot receive calls.

Sometimes when I turn the truck off and restart it, it will continue to call itself and other times it will disconnect. I also have done “restart” on my phone and sometimes this works and other times it doesn’t.

Anybody else have any experiences like this?

Below is a photo of my screen while this is happening. I have blocked out my phone number in “RED” so that my number doesn’t go all around the world on the WEB.

The yellow arrow is pointing to the phone that is connected (mine) and you can see it says “Connected Call” and the timer says 1:30.

I don’t know if the phone is the problem (everything else on the phone works fine) or it has something to do with the Bluetooth. I think tomorrow I will “unpair and re-pair” the phone to BT and see if that helps).

Anyway, just thought I’d share my experience and see if anyone has any suggestions.

1648432280827.jpeg

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely try un-pair and re-pair.
Are you using the data cable or is that purely Bluetooth?
I'm unsure if either method makes a difference, but something to consider.

Also, make sure your phone is up to date.

2001gw

Reaction score
Definitely try un-pair and re-pair.
Are you using the data cable or is that purely Bluetooth?
I'm unsure if either method makes a difference, but something to consider.

Also, make sure your phone is up to date.

Strictly Bluetooth. I will try the unpairing today and report back.

2001gw

Reaction score
UPDATE: I unpaired and re-paired the phone to Bluetooth today. So far, the problem has not reoccurred. Stay tuned... :oops:

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Problem I have been having is uconnect is unpairing with my phone. Has done it 4 times in 3 months. Took it to the dealership Friday and they said if nothing was broken then they couldn't fix it. Like WTF??? I feel like any warranty work is going to be a pain to get.

CCA

Reaction score
What all have you tried to do so far to remedy the issue? I would say your Uconnect system had a bit of a hangup in its last update, and just didn't process correctly. I would either hard reset it yourself or have your dealer give you a usb drive with a copy of the update so if you ever have issues you can possibly remedy it yourself ( I think** once you have the most recent update on flash drive you can do it from home). I hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread