5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange noise after shutdown.

Maintf16

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else’s truck does this. It’s always happens a few minutes after turning the truck off.

CaliRebel

Reaction score
Never heard that one before... Do you happen to have air suspension? Sounds like it could be a compressor purging.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine does that too. I was told it’s the electric parking brake or fuel pump calibrating. Never been decided which.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Mine makes a noise similar after it sits for a minute after shutdown. I'm not sure what it is. It was discussed on here before, but I don't think anyone figured it out. My only thought is it has something to do with active dampening.

Dewey

Reaction score
Mine does it about one minute after turning the motor off. Seems to only happen after longer drives. I assumed they all do it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine makes a noise sometimes. No air suspension. Still don’t know what it is

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do those that hear the noise posted, have auto parking brake enabled? I went out and toggled the setting on and off , and believe that is what is making the sound.

Dewey

Reaction score
Do those that hear the noise posted, have auto parking brake enabled? I went out and toggled the setting on and off , and believe that is what is making the sound.
Mine is turned off. Still does it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Auto parking break is disabled. Still makes the noise

Dewey

Reaction score
I started a thread awhile back about this.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I started a thread awhile back about this.
Thanks I think there is yet another thread about this too, but I couldn’t find it.

Maintf16

Reaction score
Glad to hear its not just mine that does it. I have a 2021 1500, 4x4, 5.7 etorque, built to serve edition. oh and I do not have my parking break set and I have the auto backup brake thing off (hated that thing, scared the crap out of me too many times) not sure if that matters. Happens after shutting the truck off not into park. Noise appears to come from rear passenger area.

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i noticed this last year and posted about it, i noticed it pumping gas
multiple times, sounds like an acuator motor
or
something, nothing to worry about all normal

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
The brakes activate right away when you throw the knob in park. It should be done before you hop out of the truck. This is probably not what you are hearing when pumping gas.

Users who are viewing this thread