5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange MPG's.........

Again, its more about the option of "Current MPG".

When i check "Current MPG" its never above 19 unless I'm going 45-55, then its in the 20's

Guaranteed the "estimate" is not done at 75. If I recall, it is done at 55, while taking approx 2 miles to reach that speed. In other words, drive like your grandmother :LOL:

That said, just returned from a 1950 mile round trip and got my best ever of 22.6. 3.21, org, small lift, shell, ave 78 mph.

My gram drove like a bat outta hell. Used to scare the snot outta me.
Gramps on the other hand always drove slow and careful....but he always had a beer in his hand, too.

I get 11 mpg on a good day in Southern California
Me too 11 mpg city, 17/18 highway. Hoping it will improve. Truck just at 2000 miles. Bts edition which has the skid plates so probably that weight was not accounted on the mpg estimate. I recently added the bed cover. Will it help? Not likely.

After running regular, I switched to mid-grade to see if the truck noticed. I am seeing a jump in the projected range and about 50 miles more per tank (23 gallon tank). Averaging city and highway is low 17 mpg. Seems to be worth the extra price in fuel.

Jim
Crazy but, I am getting the opposite; started using 87 in lieu of 89 due to the crazy gas prices. Been getting the best mpg yet. Don't know how or why, just is.

Me too 11 mpg city, 17/18 highway. Hoping it will improve. Truck just at 2000 miles. Bts edition which has the skid plates so probably that weight was not accounted on the mpg estimate. I recently added the bed cover. Will it help? Not likely.
Yea I have the BTS too with a cover I’m still at 11 mpg lol but I do have a level kit on 35s with 16000 miles on the dash

I get an average of 19mpg going around 70-75mph on I80 from NJ to PA (a lot of up hills). I just did some city driving last weekend in the NYC metro area. I got 10mpg :LOL:

I get an average of 19mpg going around 70-75mph on I80 from NJ to PA (a lot of up hills). I just did some city driving last weekend in the NYC metro area. I got 10mpg :LOL:
10 mpg! Yikes!

On a side note... I just glanced at your signature and my brain told me you have a Late Night Edition :ROFLMAO:

Thats terrible. My Ecodiesel does better by more than 10 mpg. I average almost 30 mpg.

Yea I have the BTS too with a cover I’m still at 11 mpg lol but I do have a level kit on 35s with 16000 miles on the dash
wish I could level and get the bigger tires on mine, have a clearance issue at home, already trim the carport door and raise the control unit just to be able to go in stock, currently have 1" of clearance. but I am afraid even going to 33" will be an issue. from the little research I have done it doesn't seem like there is a low profile replacement antenna so maybe eventually I will just do more aggressive tires. I like the stock rims

Users who are viewing this thread

Back