5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange keyfob issue

Magredvet

Reaction score
Had an issue with the Keyfob Saturday, and wondered if anyone else had this issue. On previous keyless entry vehicles (2013 Ram, 2015 Grand Cherokee), if the vehicle is running, and the keyfob is taken out of the vehicle, there is a warning on the dash, and a buzzer sounds.
On my new 2019, you can walk away from the truck, with the key, and the truck will just stay running until you stop it, then it recognizes the key has gone, however no warnings whatsoever. This almost caused us grief, as the wife had driven off without the keys, which I had in my pocket.

George Bednar

Reaction score
Had an issue with the Keyfob Saturday, and wondered if anyone else had this issue. On previous keyless entry vehicles (2013 Ram, 2015 Grand Cherokee), if the vehicle is running, and the keyfob is taken out of the vehicle, there is a warning on the dash, and a buzzer sounds.
On my new 2019, you can walk away from the truck, with the key, and the truck will just stay running until you stop it, then it recognizes the key has gone, however no warnings whatsoever. This almost caused us grief, as the wife had driven off without the keys, which I had in my pocket.

I had a 2013 Ram Laramie with the fob. My Lady and I went to pick up our riding mower from getting a spring tune up. I had the fob when I got out of the truck to drive the mower home. She took off right away and drove the truck around 10 blocks to our house. She said she didn't get a warming at all.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
My truck immediately has a warning on the dash "Keyfob has left the truck" and a long beep when I get out of the truck and its running.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't hold me to it, but I believe there is a menu where you can set the alarm. I THINK...I saw it one day while I was looking through all my menu's in my truck.

I just went out to my truck, could not find it as I quickly scanned the menu's. It may have been in the owners manual, but I know I saw it somewhere. Plus, the post above confirms that it can be activated. Mine, however, is set up to not chime when the fob exits the vehicle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread