5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Configuration

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now see when I was shopping for a basic truck that I could mod, this would have been a great platform to build upon...

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are Laramie wheels. Probably swapped by the dealer for a customer who wanted Tradesman wheels on their Laramie for some reason. It is a pretty odd configuration. Pretty expensive for a 'stripper' truck.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not a strange configuration. Rambox option is available on any model. I had a 2015 Tradesman that had the chrome appearance package, which included the same alloy wheels as in the picture. Although they were only 17 inch on 4th gens.

Last edited:

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Not a strange configuration. Rambox option is available on any model. I had a 2015 Tradesman that had the chrome appearance package, which included the same alloy wheels as in the picture. Although they were only 17 inch on 4th gens.
The window sticker calls for steel wheels on this truck. I believe you can get the Rambox and other options like air suspension on Tradesmens, I've just never seen it.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I've never seen a Tradesman with RamBox. I also don't understand why this Tradesman has alloy wheels. I don't see the wheels listed in the options.
I think my dealer keeps at least one Tradesman in white in stock at all times a with Ram Box. If you think about it, Ram Boxes on a work truck makes a lot of sense for contractors and independent tradespeople.

The wheels may be part of the 25A package for the Tradesman.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 031770 miles.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I think of Ram boxes work trucks are exactly what I feel most would be on.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The window sticker calls for steel wheels on this truck. I believe you can get the Rambox and other options like air suspension on Tradesmens, I've just never seen it.
Sorry, I didn't look at the window sticker. Even so, the only thing that's sure is the build sheet. Window stickers can sometimes lie.

My point was two-fold...one, that the rambox is available on all trim levels, and that the wheels are not specific to the Laramie, as someone claimed. As I said in my last post, the wheels are identical to what came on my 2015 Tradesman other than the size.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't look at the window sticker. Even so, the only thing that's sure is the build sheet. Window stickers can sometimes lie.

My point was two-fold...one, that the rambox is available on all trim levels, and that the wheels are not specific to the Laramie, as someone claimed. As I said in my last post, the wheels are identical to what came on my 2015 Tradesman other than the size.
Rambox is available on all trims, true. However, there were only 2 aluminum wheel styles available on a '19 Tradesman (and apperently only 1 on a 4x4 Crew). That ain't one of them, and no alloys are on the sticker. Would have been part of the Chrome package or a stand alone option on a 4x4 Crew Cab. That 6 spoke style is unique to the Laramie, just as the Rebel wheels are unique to that trim. I consider this one oddly equipped only because the sticker price of such a 'basic' truck (if you can call it that) is only about $1k less than my reasonably well equipped Big Horn. Nothing wrong with it, just a collection of a couple pricy options that add up that's all. We are apperently not the only ones who think it's 'oddly equipped' since it's a deeply discounted '19 (with harder to find Ram Boxes) still sitting on the lot as we're nearing the end of the '20 model year.
Screenshot_20200415-155053_Samsung Internet.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Rambox is available on all trims, true. However, there were only 2 aluminum wheel styles available on a '19 Tradesman (and apperently only 1 on a 4x4 Crew). That ain't one of them, and no alloys are on the sticker. Would have been part of the Chrome package or a stand alone option on a 4x4 Crew Cab. That 6 spoke style is unique to the Laramie, just as the Rebel wheels are unique to that trim. I consider this one oddly equipped only because the sticker price of such a 'basic' truck (if you can call it that) is only about $1k less than my reasonably well equipped Big Horn. Nothing wrong with it, just a collection of a couple pricy options that add up that's all. We are apperently not the only ones who think it's 'oddly equipped' since it's a deeply discounted '19 (with harder to find Ram Boxes) still sitting on the lot as we're nearing the end of the '20 model year.
Hahaha...my apologies man, I can't count today apparently. My 2015 Tradesman was 5 spoke, and the wheels on that truck are definitely 6 spoke. The wheel designs are very similar though, but apparently not what's available on the 5th gen Tradesman...
2015 Ram.png

Laramie wheel.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread