5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Behavior at Car Wash

Mill4570

Reaction score
Pulled my truck into a car wash to spray off dust from a country road trip. This car wash is one with the wand that spays soap or rinse water under pressure but nothing like a pressure washer. After spraying the back and sides of the truck I moved to the front and sprayed the drivers side power folding mirror. The light in the mirror came on as well as all the exterior lights as if you hit the unlock button on the key fob. I quite spraying it and went around towards the passengers side and when I sprayed that mirror, same thing. Light in mirror came on, etc. Before I finished washing the truck, everything went back to normal. A week later, same car wash and same thing with the mirrors. The truck was unlocked and the key fob was in the console. Anyone see anything like this?

Firebird

Reaction score
My 300S does this. When you spray water on the door handles, the touch sensors sense it

Mill4570

Reaction score
I didn’t think about the door handles....Thanks for the help guys

WoodCountry

Reaction score
I didn’t think about the door handles....Thanks for the help guys
I haven't been to a car wash, but it happened to me at home. I finally realized it was because I had the key fob in my pocket (or in the truck). After I moved the fob out of range, the flashing lights stopped.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep, quite normal behavior for these systems. I just leave the FOB inside the truck on top the center console to avoid this.
My Mercedes did this, and so does my wife’s Lexus.

Cheers,

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulled my truck into a car wash to spray off dust from a country road trip. This car wash is one with the wand that spays soap or rinse water under pressure but nothing like a pressure washer. After spraying the back and sides of the truck I moved to the front and sprayed the drivers side power folding mirror. The light in the mirror came on as well as all the exterior lights as if you hit the unlock button on the key fob. I quite spraying it and went around towards the passengers side and when I sprayed that mirror, same thing. Light in mirror came on, etc. Before I finished washing the truck, everything went back to normal. A week later, same car wash and same thing with the mirrors. The truck was unlocked and the key fob was in the console. Anyone see anything like this?
this happens to me every time I wash my truck and if I had to guess how many washes I've given my baby so far I'd say about 30-40. Weird though isn't it?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't been to a car wash, but it happened to me at home. I finally realized it was because I had the key fob in my pocket (or in the truck). After I moved the fob out of range, the flashing lights stopped.
That explains why mine did it at the car wash but not at home; I never have my keys when washing at home.

renzo2213

Reaction score
Mine does that too. Quite funny/annoying. Looks like a dang Christmas tree going off when I’m spraying it down lol

It’s from the sensors to unlock the doors on the door handle. It sets it off when water hits it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airbearmd

Reaction score
Yes, I have experienced similar weird things when just washing truck using a hose. I think RAM has an issue with these mirrors. I had to have my drivers side replaced 2 wks after I purchased it for being loose. Ever since I started having issues with the backup look down image being blacked out on the drivers side, which indicates a problem with the camera in that mirror. It is intermittent and seems related to temperatures under 40F.

Users who are viewing this thread