5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage tray on top of dash

Rowan611

Reaction score
Wow, and I just throw my wallet up there. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What I would like to see there is a connection to the Uconnect, stick your phone in the slot, plug in the usb and Android Auto with no hanging wires or weird mounts blocking your vents or using up a cup holder.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What I would like to see there is a connection to the Uconnect, stick your phone in the slot, plug in the usb and Android Auto with no hanging wires or weird mounts blocking your vents or using up a cup holder.

not sure if this works well with CarPlay but I’m going to try it. If it does it will make for an easier connect/disconnect and then can be rigged into some type of holder for simple drop in

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not sure if this works well with CarPlay but I’m going to try it. If it does it will make for an easier connect/disconnect and then can be rigged into some type of holder for simple drop in

I'd suggest a right angle mag cable depending on how you mount your phone (mine's horizontal) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8NC1SZ

as for the slot up top, I usually toss parking cards up there, can't really find a reason to put something heavy at eye level which would only turn into shrapnel in an abrupt maneuver

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm waiting for someone with the skills to make an auxiliary switch bank that fits there. Pop the socket out and you not only have a 12V power source handy, but also an easy way to run a bunch of wires through the dash.

And now I got myself curious if that 12V outlet is illuminated.
It's not

DesertRebel

Reaction score
II thought it was specifically designed for dashboard hula girl:unsure:

I put my foldable wooden beard comb there.... And sometimes sunglass glasses temporarily when I'm at ATM or looking for change in holder.

You could always put a round tuit there.... When people ask about it - you tell them; "I never bothered to figure out what the space was for - until I finally got around to it" ;)

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
II thought it was specifically designed for dashboard hula girl:unsure:

I put my foldable wooden beard comb there.... And sometimes sunglass glasses temporarily when I'm at ATM or looking for change in holder.

You could always put a round tuit there.... When people ask about it - you tell them; "I never bothered to figure out what the space was for - until I finally got around to it" ;)
I guess now when people ask me what the tray is for I will have to say that " it's for when I get a round to it". ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread