5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stopping text message pop ups

gpbst3

Reaction score
I no longer what to receive the text message notification on my screen. Its pretty annoying and stays there until its acknowledged. I know I can just turn off my phones Bluetooth but I would like to keep it on for when I stream music. Is there an option to stop the screen notifications?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You didn’t say what kind of phone you have, but on an iPhone you go into the Bluetooth settings in your phone, click on the little i in the circle next to Uconnect and then turn off “Show Notifications”.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I no longer what to receive the text message notification on my screen. Its pretty annoying and stays there until its acknowledged. I know I can just turn off my phones Bluetooth but I would like to keep it on for when I stream music. Is there an option to stop the screen notifications?
Yes, go into your phone settings for the Bluetooth connection and you can choose what is shared with the radio.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another option on iOS: go to Settings, Focus. Click the plus sign in the upper right. Choose driving. Scroll down to Turn on Automatically and click While Driving. Turn on Activate with CarPlay and/or When Connected to Car Bluetooth.

By default, you won’t receive any text notifications, but you can allow notifications from certain people.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. I unchecked show notifications.

Users who are viewing this thread