5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop/Start Not Ready

Moondogger

Reaction score
There's at least one other member on here with the same issue I'm having, I'm wondering if there are more.

I have a 2022 Limited 1500 10th Anniversary Edition with the eTorque engine. I took delivery about 2 weeks ago and it currently has about 500 miles on it.

Since day one, the Stop/Start feature hasn't kicked in at all. I've taken the truck in various driving conditions, around town stop and go, freeway driving for over an hour, etc. and the system always says "Stop/Start Not Ready". It even says this when I completely shut off the climate control (no A/C and no fan) and defrosters are off. If I do turn on the A/C, the read out will say "Stop/Start Not Ready Cabin Cooling/Heating"

I believe I've met all the necessary protocols for the system to initiate i.e. seatbelt on, hood closed, gearshift in Drive, sufficient pressure on the brake pedal, vehicle on flat surface, etc.

In reading other threads on here I've seen people say their Stop/Start initiated a mile after they drove off the lot and other people said it took a few hundred miles before it initiated. If I remember correctly, the 2021 truck I test drove a couple months ago had the Stop/Start working during the test drive.

Anyone with a similar experience with the system always saying Not Ready?

Thanks!

-Alex

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
I’d rather not have etorque and start/stop on my truck. If mine stopped engaging I’d be good with that.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Below, is from the 2020 Owner's Manual. Other than for one or more of these reasons cited, maybe this feature needs to be flashed or somehow added to the Ram's programming (software).

When I took procession of my 2020 Ram, the Auto on/off High Beams did not activate. The dealership said that the Ram's software did not have that feature enabled, along w/ the 4-corner Air Suspension. So they had to update the software so these (2) features worked. Good luck!

PS I LOVE this feature on my Ram!

1641383624273.png

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
these threads should be combined

Users who are viewing this thread