5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen truck..

Rick94

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning to head to work, and my 2019 laramie was stolen out of my driveway..
How does this even happen? I have both keys in the house. How can they possibly start the truck?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
holy sh*t...I am sorry to hear this. They might have used a tow truck with a quick-grab set up.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I hope they catch the thief that took your truck. How they did it, I have no idea. No security cameras?

bud007

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that you got your truck stolen :( that really sucks ..... it could have been a tow truck or it could have been a thief using a device similar to this ( sorry about the link with ads ) https://www.wired.com/2015/08/hackers-tiny-device-unlocks-cars-opens-garages/
As i live in Los Angeles and its getting harder to keep anything of value from being stolen , i got one of these about a month ago https://bmmpr.com/
i know its not fail safe , but does give me a little added security and it was a lot cheaper and easier to install then a standard car alarm ..
I hope they are able to recover your truck with out it having been damaged .

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that you got your truck stolen :( that really sucks ..... it could have been a tow truck or it could have been a thief using a device similar to this ( sorry about the link with ads ) https://www.wired.com/2015/08/hackers-tiny-device-unlocks-cars-opens-garages/
As i live in Los Angeles and its getting harder to keep anything of value from being stolen , i got one of these about a month ago https://bmmpr.com/
i know its not fail safe , but does give me a little added security and it was a lot cheaper and easier to install then a standard car alarm ..
I hope they are able to recover your truck with out it having been damaged .
This for sharing the bmmpr link. Very clever.

OP. Sorry to hear. Hope they find it soon!

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Went to dinner a few months ago and noticed my remote wouldn’t lock the truck. Started to see a couple other people having the same problem in the parking lot so decided to go elsewhere for dinner. I’m guessing someone was playing with a scanning setup.

bud007

Reaction score
Neurobit another forum member told me about it ( bluesurf ) it works really good , another device i use is one of those Faraday key fob pouches that you can find on amazon fairly cheap , again not fail safe , but everything helps

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UConnect app always showed me where mine was. Unless they can disable it somehow. FCA products are notorious for being easy targets, specifically Dodge and Jeep.

U

User_3336

Why do people keep replying to this thread? OP hasn't posted since Apr 24, 2021...........

magic280z

Reaction score
There is also a backpack repeater method for new passive entry vehicles. They don't need to steel your key fob code they just need to get close enough to your key fob with a second person at the car with a receiver. If your key fob is located < 6ft from an exterior wall they can get into your car just by walking around your house. This is usually done at gas stations.

There are two ways to avoid these methods both ruin the convenience. To disable backpack method disable passive entry. To prevent key fob copying method lock your car using the inside button.

Sucks for this to happen at home.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this post isnt even 3 weeks old , it was started June 25th ... the OP JOINED April 24 th . besides these posts give a lot of info for those of us who need to be learned :ROFLMAO:
Exactly! Hate those moronic comments from people who don't know what tf they're talking about. Not everyone is "you" dude, some people like to learn new things.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have passive entry as I have a Bighorn. Never thought much of it until I had it on a Jeep. Found it pretty handy then when walking up with coffee in one hand and briefcase in the other heading to work. Made it nice to just have my fob in the briefcase and be able to hook the door handle and pull.

I do my best to lock the car with the door lock button instead of the fob when parking so a code transmission won't be picked up. My house is rural with a locked gate at the end of the drive. It would be pretty risky to walk around here.

No, this is not foolproof. If they are a pro and really want the truck they will figure a way to get it.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had an '05 Duramax and put a keyed kill switch under the hood. Killed all the 12 volt, so with no key, no entry. Dont think it would be practical in these Rams, but, who knows. Might be.

Users who are viewing this thread