5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock - upgrades

5thgenhemi7

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post so don’t everyone get all but hurt if I’m doin this wrong lol. I have a 19 sport 1500.
I hear just upgrading your front speakers is night and day . I think my speakers are great as is so I really don’t need much louder . Does anyone have any suggestions or a link would be awesome from the site you used to order yours .
Front bumper- so since I have the sport everything is colour matched red pearl.. my truck has 8k kms and it looks like the front bumper has seen 80k kms.. when I get it re painted I’d like to avoid this problem in the future, any tips or suggestions? 3m? Xpel?
ram bed lights- I found the actual genuine ones online on eBay for 80$ but my local dealer says I need to pay them 200$ to flash my truck after!!!! I find this outrageous in an electrician I’ll just tap into the cargo lights so they come on at same time if that is the case. Is my dealer accurate or just trying to **** me ?
thanks guys cheers
Mopar or nocar

Attachments

• F1AB2DD0-D5FC-42FA-BB8A-FE71995DEB6A.jpeg
    F1AB2DD0-D5FC-42FA-BB8A-FE71995DEB6A.jpeg
    313.6 KB · Views: 69

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I can tell you if you found those lights on EBay for $80 that’s a steal. Yes the dealership will charge a fortune to do that 2 minute flash. The bumpers need expel if you want them staying showroom fresh. If the speakers are loud enough, do you really need to swap them.
Welcome to the forum and all of the pros and cons that it affords. :)

TVANVA

Reaction score
$200 for the flash is not a fixed price.

I had mine flashed to add the trailer brake controller and they charged me $65. Still good money for them since it took a few minutes.

Recommend that you have the flash done while they do other work, rather than standalone. Especially true if you need a software update and they will already be hooked up.

If they are adamant about $200, take it elsewhere.

5thgenhemi7

Reaction score
$200 for the flash is not a fixed price.

I had mine flashed to add the trailer brake controller and they charged me $65. Still good money for them since it took a few minutes.

Recommend that you have the flash done while they do other work, rather than standalone. Especially true if you need a software update and they will already be hooked up.

If they are adamant about $200, take it elsewhere.

they’re kinda brutal here my vent was popped out since new like just needs to be snapped in but I don’t wanna do it and break a clip or something, asked them to do it while they did oil change said I’d have to come back another day and make an appointment hour 45 later my oil change was done

5thgenhemi7

Reaction score
Well I can tell you if you found those lights on EBay for $80 that’s a steal. Yes the dealership will charge a fortune to do that 2 minute flash. The bumpers need expel if you want them staying showroom fresh. If the speakers are loud enough, do you really need to swap them.
Welcome to the forum and all of the pros and cons that it affords. :)
I can attach the link there’s a few of me on eBay for around 80-125$ cad so even cheaper for you I’m sure..
and as far as the speaker yes true but my wife drives the truck sometimes and she’s gunna have me blown bc it’s not loud enough for her , enough for me but no her I’m sure that’s not the only thing in life
And thanks for the intro so far seems like a good group

Casler83

Reaction score
I did the Xpel on mine as soon as I got it. Done the whole front end, a pillars, roof from windshield to sunroof. Mirrors, behind door handles and also in door kick panels. As well as the wheel wells. 10,000kms and still looks new. White piece in the grill is a snow flake haha.
20191210_111941.jpg

Big Red Rebel

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post so don’t everyone get all but hurt if I’m doin this wrong lol. I have a 19 sport 1500.
I hear just upgrading your front speakers is night and day . I think my speakers are great as is so I really don’t need much louder . Does anyone have any suggestions or a link would be awesome from the site you used to order yours .
Front bumper- so since I have the sport everything is colour matched red pearl.. my truck has 8k kms and it looks like the front bumper has seen 80k kms.. when I get it re painted I’d like to avoid this problem in the future, any tips or suggestions? 3m? Xpel?
ram bed lights- I found the actual genuine ones online on eBay for 80$ but my local dealer says I need to pay them 200$ to flash my truck after!!!! I find this outrageous in an electrician I’ll just tap into the cargo lights so they come on at same time if that is the case. Is my dealer accurate or just trying to **** me ?
thanks guys cheers
Mopar or nocar
For the front bumper, and/or the whole truck actually... I would recommend getting the truck ceramic coated...
Look into it, you will not be disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread