5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock sound system upgrade

Djjaws2002

Reaction score
So I just picked up a 2021 1500 ecodiesel after a bit of a happening with my old one. It came with a few things missing that I kinda need/want, but I needed a truck and this one was the only one on the lot. Let's Go Brandon. Long story short, I pretty much live in my truck for work, so I need to make some upgrades to make it work.

It has the 8.4 head unit with stock speakers. I've had the 8.4 head unit before and I think that if I just swap out the speakers for the Alpines it should be a nice upgrade. From what I read, the alpines from Dodge are low-impedance, so they will sound louder and cleaner with the same power consumption. I think that with an added subwoofer and I'll be happy.

Before Onstart buying stuff and digging in, I figured I ask for help/advice from the professional DIYers. If there are any recommendations on sourcing, special tools I might need, anything I need to know about, that would be greatly helpful.

sppb32

Reaction score
You are talking about the stock Alpine speakers? They are ok but nowhere near aftermarket ones. get the PAC module an aftermarket amplifier a small sub and you will be happier

Users who are viewing this thread