5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock ride height between 2wd and 4wd

Fancysauce

Reaction score
Evening guys,

Just made the switch from a f-150 to a 21 1500 bighorn. I am struggling to find the stock heights between a 2wd and 4wd for appearance comparison. I decided against a 4wd this time around, and am trying to see what a 3.5 SST readylift would look like, but most online pics represent a 4WD. Unless they are the same height regardless. From what I have found myself it seems they might be, but not positive on it. Anyone out there have any insight on this? I appreciate the help, I am most likely overlooking the google searches haha.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Pick a model and scroll to dimensions here.

I just tried whatever the default was and compared 2WD to 4WD and it shows .1" difference. I would put that to different tires.

The suspension is pretty much the same. There's just no differential and half shafts up front. It's not like the olden days with coil springs and A-arms versus leaf springs and a straight axle.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maxtrac is the best kit for 2WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottChurch

Reaction score
I started out with a 2wd Bighorn and did a 3.5” lift with 33” tires. This is what it looks like: 78B9EF49-FD4D-4544-84A7-AEC79A29626C.jpeg

Fancysauce

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the input guys! And sweet! looks good man, I'm glad i got to see a confirmed 2wd with a 3.5 on it. Basically looking for a similar setup with 35s. The guys at the shop were nudging me towards a 6in, but i'm really loving the look of the 3.5 on these bodies. Almost seems its the sweet spot for me. And ill check out maxtracs, what makes them the better choice for 2wd?

ScottChurch

Reaction score
Maxtrac uses a lift spindle as opposed to achieving its lift from a spring, top hat spacer etc. Since they do use a lift spindle they are designed only for 2wd trucks. The benefit of a spindle lift would be your suspension geometry remains stocks, so it should ride like stock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread