5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock LT275/70/18 tires

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I posted up that I just bought a new 2021 Silverado 3500, It actually comes with some nice gloss black 18”x8“ factory wheels. Stock tire that comes on it is LT275/70/18 Michelin LTX AT2’s. The tires have great reviews and I know a lot of people like them but lets be honest, they look like a street tire. Plus from my research they don’t get the greatest reviews for snow and slippery conditions which is no good for me because we got this truck to tow our new RV fish house that’s being built and spend a lot of time on the lakes in the winter, and driving on less than ideal road conditions.

I can’t find a good Chevy forum like this one to use yet. This forum is so great for traffic and feedback. I know that the Rebels come with Duratracs in the same size. I actually wanted to go to a 285/70/17 but there are so few options and the cost is ridiculous. I also checked on a 295/65/18 and again no options and what was available was ridiculously expensive. Then I checked on 295/70/18 and believe it or not what pictures I saw of this tire on the 3500 didn’t look right. Honestly looked to stuffed on the truck. So I decided to just stick with the 275/70/18 stock size because I think with a more aggressive looking tire it actually looks good.

So long story short, if you have replaced your duratracs with the same stock size tire on your Rebel, or have switched to 18” wheel and tire in the stock size please post some picks and let me know how you like the tire you went with. I’ve spent hours looking online and havn’t been able to find what I’m looking for. Thanks

Rawyzf

Reaction score
I see you're in MN. I run the Rebel takeoffs (for a few more days as I have new wheels on the day) with the Duratracs, I like the look of them. They are a bit noisy though...but nothing a few digits on the radio won't solve.

I don't have pics on the Ram, but we run the Nitto TerraGrappler G2 on our Jeep in LT275/70/18, on 18x8 factory wheels. If you want a pic of that, lmk and I can snap one.

Reason I replied is to say that I really like the G2 tire in MN, as it does well in the winter. I ran it for the last 3 or 4 years on my Aspen, before getting a Ram.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see you're in MN. I run the Rebel takeoffs (for a few more days as I have new wheels on the day) with the Duratracs, I like the look of them. They are a bit noisy though...but nothing a few digits on the radio won't solve.

I don't have pics on the Ram, but we run the Nitto TerraGrappler G2 on our Jeep in LT275/70/18, on 18x8 factory wheels. If you want a pic of that, lmk and I can snap one.

Reason I replied is to say that I really like the G2 tire in MN, as it does well in the winter. I ran it for the last 3 or 4 years on my Aspen, before getting a Ram.
Thanks for the reply. I had to make a decision because I’m flying out to Milwaukee on Monday to pick up my new truck and drive it home. The options I had from the dealer for a more aggressive looking tire were the duratracs, K02’s, or General X3. After much research I went with the K02’s. They gave me a great deal on them since I bought the truck there.

of course I could have gotten just about any tire I wanted from the discount tire I always go too but the dealer actually beat their price too. I, sure I’ll be happy with them. I actually wanted to go with the nitto expo grappler in a 285/70/17 but the cost on them was ridiculous

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had to make a decision because I’m flying out to Milwaukee on Monday to pick up my new truck and drive it home. The options I had from the dealer for a more aggressive looking tire were the duratracs, K02’s, or General X3. After much research I went with the K02’s. They gave me a great deal on them since I bought the truck there.

of course I could have gotten just about any tire I wanted from the discount tire I always go too but the dealer actually beat their price too. I, sure I’ll be happy with them. I actually wanted to go with the nitto expo grappler in a 285/70/17 but the cost on them was ridiculous
I think you made the best decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/