5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Front Shocks rubbing

Rukus7665

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Lonestar 5.7L- PXL_20230114_020112871.jpg I havent done any upgrades or changed out suspension parts at all & noticed rubbing (pic) about 3 months ago. Didnt seem normal so I took it to the dealer and my service advisor told me that it wasnt normal and had me turn in my truck to have it diagnosed... Well, the tech said that it was normal and wanted me to pay diagnostic fee... Is anyone else have this problem on their stock RAM?- (I'll post a better pic after I get my truck washed tomorrow) :)

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most likely the dust boot making contact with the shock body. Shouldn’t cause any issues.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Lonestar 5.7L- View attachment 148784 I havent done any upgrades or changed out suspension parts at all & noticed rubbing (pic) about 3 months ago. Didnt seem normal so I took it to the dealer and my service advisor told me that it wasnt normal and had me turn in my truck to have it diagnosed... Well, the tech said that it was normal and wanted me to pay diagnostic fee... Is anyone else have this problem on their stock RAM?- (I'll post a better pic after I get my truck washed tomorrow) :)
Doesn't seem normal but prob not causing any harm. Check to see if there is a rock or some kind of debris stuck inside the dust boot causing it to be off center.

tac63

Reaction score
Thank you. Will check in the am
I have the same on my 19 with 103k, both sides Just posted about it yesterday. I'm thinking possible worn sway bar end link in front. Might try a few hard stops from low speed with steering wheel full lock left and full lock right and see if you get any suspension noises.

Attachments

• 20230116_221653.jpg
    20230116_221653.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230116_221703.jpg
    20230116_221703.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 46

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 Lonestar 5.7L- View attachment 148784 I havent done any upgrades or changed out suspension parts at all & noticed rubbing (pic) about 3 months ago. Didnt seem normal so I took it to the dealer and my service advisor told me that it wasnt normal and had me turn in my truck to have it diagnosed... Well, the tech said that it was normal and wanted me to pay diagnostic fee... Is anyone else have this problem on their stock RAM?- (I'll post a better pic after I get my truck washed tomorrow) :)
If service advisor told you it didn't seem normal and to have it looked at, sounds like he's on the hook for diagnostic fee.

tac63

Reaction score
Had this as well as a popping noise in the front on my 19 with 102k. Replaced sway bar end links front and rear as well as sway bar bushings, no more noise and suspension is handling bumps better, which I'm believing is because of improvement of angle on shock compression. May not be your issue but I believe it was mine.

nbase

Reaction score
I have a little over 50,000 miles on my '21, and I just noticed the passenger side has this problem, and looks way worse than the pics posted here! It's crazy how a somewhat flexible part can gouge the metal that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online