5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock exhaust?

kentrax

Reaction score
So I have a issue with a garage... I sent my truck 2019 ram rebel in for a rear ending repair. Keeping it short, the garage replaced my muffler due to finding "extra damage" from my muffler back to the tips. I got my truck back and I lost the nice aggressive tone I used to have. The garage said it was due to "baffles" being shoved in with a broom, that I had that tone. I believe they replaced my exhaust with the wrong one, like they ordered a steel tailgate instead of my aluminum... They put a c-9367 and it is silent in comparison and It feels as though I lost power as well... what stock exhaust would have been on my truck that would have made it sound so much better?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a issue with a garage... I sent my truck 2019 ram rebel in for a rear ending repair. Keeping it short, the garage replaced my muffler due to finding "extra damage" from my muffler back to the tips. I got my truck back and I lost the nice aggressive tone I used to have. The garage said it was due to "baffles" being shoved in with a broom, that I had that tone. I believe they replaced my exhaust with the wrong one, like they ordered a steel tailgate instead of my aluminum... They put a c-9367 and it is silent in comparison and It feels as though I lost power as well... what stock exhaust would have been on my truck that would have made it sound so much better?
Where you the original owner?

kentrax

Reaction score
No I was not, there was a single owner before me. On my search online I heard 1 exhaust that sounded identical to the tone I had and it was stated to be a stock exhaust upgrade but I couldn't find the details on it anywhere... I had told the garage I wanted everything they remove from my truck, I didn't receive anything!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No I was not, there was a single owner before me. On my search online I heard 1 exhaust that sounded identical to the tone I had and it was stated to be a stock exhaust upgrade but I couldn't find the details on it anywhere... I had told the garage I wanted everything they remove from my truck, I didn't receive anything!
Sounds like they kept the "good stuff" for them self's.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So was probably aftermarket exhaust. Without knowing what it was, we can't really help

kentrax

Reaction score
I was hoping someone knew of the few mufflers that where put on the 19 rebels as added options? I'm optimistic this was just a B/S mistake but I'm also not Naive enough not to pursue all options and get my parts replaced correctly

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping someone knew of the few mufflers that where put on the 19 rebels as added options? I'm optimistic this was just a B/S mistake but I'm also not Naive enough not to pursue all options and get my parts replaced correctly
There weren't any alternative factory options, other than the dealer installed Mopar exhaust. There are more than a "few" different exhaust options to get louder sound. Since we don't know what you had, we can't really give any advice on what you need to do to get it back to what it was

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Stock exhaust is quiet, too quiet. Best you can do is ask to see if they have the old exhaust still available in their trash bin and get the model from there. Otherwise, time to mod!

As for power, I'm not sure any bolt-on exhaust would produce any noticeable power you could feel, maybe a placebo effect based on the sound of the quieter exhaust?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/